Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Ginko biloba plantation

Register

Click Here!

agriking

Hi
I am from Australia ,planning to start farming business in India with my other partners,any one got any idea about ginko biloba farming and demand in India ,thanks in advance

ponsanthan

Ginko biloba

Ginko biloba is well known for its medicinal activities in the international market. But in India its use is very minimal. It prefers some specific climatic condition(alpine climate) Its availability is less. The trade of herbs is controlled by national biodiversity authority. Who ever doing international business related to medicinal herbs needs to get approval/NOC from the authority. Ther is scope in India for the promotion of Ginkgo biloba.

agriking

Ginko biloba is well known for its medicinal activities in the international market. But in India its use is very minimal. It prefers some specific climatic condition(alpine climate) Its availability is less. The trade of herbs is controlled by national biodiversity authority. Who ever doing international business related to medicinal herbs needs to get approval/NOC from the authority. Ther is scope in India for the promotion of Ginkgo biloba.
Dear Ponsanthan,
Thank you very much for your reply,I mentioned about the climatic conditions in my other thread, here in Melbourne in winter it is frosty can go to 2degrees and in summer goes upto 45, and it's not an alpine zone too but the tree is growing really well,thinking in that aspect I hope it can easily adapt to Indian climate.Is it really hard to get NOC from bio diversity authority,thanks

rythu

Hi,

Climatic conditions must be favourable for the growth of any tree. How suitable is this tree for Indian climate, especially Hyderabad. What is the use of this tree and who buys it? Anyone who is interested to take pains in spending time and money would obviously look out for the revenue model. I am still not sure how this could be useful to Indian farmer, inspite of going through few resources. Is it on par with few money spinning trees like Teak, Mahogany, melia Dubia etc.

Could some one educate me on this.

agriking

Dear friend,
I am also basically from Hyderabad,I want to create and explore new viable option,I am pretty sure if one plant survived in most areas of Australia ,it can survive any where due its particular climate ,I want to explore the opportunities in india,worldwide wide it's more popular than bramhi,some medicines got both these ingredients,I know both work in different way,unlike bramhi it's a big tree but expensive than bramhi,final point is if we can explore the opportunities it doesn't spin the money but can make gold,thank you very much for your reply,hope to hear from you all

agriking

Dear friend,
Where are you located in India,can you forward more details about yourself and your property details,thanks for your interest.

iirc

Ginkgo biloba plants are available at Kashmir

5000 Ginkgo biloba plants are available only at
e-mail us at : jkmpic@gmail.com

Hi
I am from Australia ,planning to start farming business in India with my other partners,any one got any idea about ginko biloba farming and demand in India ,thanks in advance