Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Ginger cultivation methods on fresh hill tracks of coorg karnataka

Register

Click Here!

shyjusekharan

Hi,

would like to know the ginger cultivation methods in 100 acres of hill tracks fresh land.

also if anyone who can do consultancy for me pls. advise.

Thanks shyju

Ashwini

Hi

YOu can approach the horticulture department. THey will guide you on the process

REgards
AShwini

atulkalaskar

Hi there,

Managing 100 acres of hilly land will be a huge labour intensive scenario. It will also require a lot of work on land itself.

I would suggest you go with hydroponics by growing ginger in cocopeat. This way you will be able to continue growing ginger year after year in same land without bothering of crop rotation and other soil borne diseases.

It will also be one of the most efficient and productive usage of land, water, fertilizers and labour. Electricity though is a must. You will be able to produce 4 times more than average land grower.

benava1949

ginger cultivation

Hi there,

Managing 100 acres of hilly land will be a huge labour intensive scenario. It will also require a lot of work on land itself.

I would suggest you go with hydroponics by growing ginger in cocopeat. This way you will be able to continue growing ginger year after year in same land without bothering of crop rotation and other soil borne diseases.

It will also be one of the most efficient and productive usage of land, water, fertilizers and labour. Electricity though is a must. You will be able to produce 4 times more than average land grower.
what you mean by hydroponics and will you eloborate the method of cultivation you have suggested