Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Food Processing Idea - Let us dream together for a greater tomorrow.!

Register

Click Here!

syamsaranya

Greetings fellow agro lovers,

I have been dreaming for a while and would like to start up a venture in food processing.

There are lot of easy choices available to choose, however, I would like to do something more sensible to farmers. In the sense, I wish to identify those agro products that are plenty in our country and are very less utilized.!

For example: if you think that there is a lot of tomatoes produced but due to lack of proper storage facilities, inefficient transportation and due to shorter shelf life, a major quantity is wasted which is a terrible loss to farmers who have struggled to cultivate it, right.? In such case if you think that if these tomatoes were quickly collected and processed to Tomato Sauce, it will have a better value and utilization, that is something of my interest.

In such case, I can discuss more with you and jointly, we can develop a plan that will benefit all parties involved, alike.!

Please do not hesitate to ask even the silliest question - this may be the beginning of some thing great.!
All your suggestions and questions are welcome.

Wish you all great success.!

Thank You,

hellovasu

hi
warm greetings to you
happy to join and take part in discussion.
i could understand your empathetic approach towards food preservation and processing,
still farming backs with high cost food processing units , we have to check in long term investments and have to move on.
let me know commercially available sauces and kecthups are produced from indian agro supplies or not.

syamsaranya

Hello All,

Let me make it more specific so that potential respondents can reply.

I am from Kerala and my plan is to develop an Agro Venture in Cochin. Now, if farmers in and around this region can just come in the reply thread, we can start discussing first.

Looking forward,
Syam

@moderator: I am new here.! Kindly suggest if you have any advice to reach right audience. Thanks in advance.

syamsaranya

hi
warm greetings to you
happy to join and take part in discussion.
i could understand your empathetic approach towards food preservation and processing,
still farming backs with high cost food processing units , we have to check in long term investments and have to move on.
let me know commercially available sauces and kecthups are produced from indian agro supplies or not.
Dear Sir,

Thank You for your response. Yes, I really appreciate the efforts of our farmers and would like to support them by creating a benefiting commercial set up. That is why I thought to take their opinion on the same. As you rightly said, it has to be carefully reviewed and long term investments are to be planned. May I know, what is your area of interest or activity.?

You have asked for commercially available sauces/ketchups - Well, as you are aware, at this stage I do not manufacture. But we can certainly discuss further if you have some market demand information related to any specific sauces/ketchups.

Looking forward,

Syam

nilmoni_pathak

THIS INSERTION IS VERY LONG BACK PROPOSAL . MAY BE BY THIS TIME THIS MAY HAVE PROJECTED AND DOING PRODUCTION WITH TANGIBLE MARKET. BUT IF IT IS TILL TO BE PROJECTED THEN I WILL SUGGEST TO MAKE PASTE FROM TOMATO AS IT HAS MARKET OVER IN INDIA. THEN MANGO PASTE, GREEN CHILLY PASTE AND SO MANY FROM FRUITS AND VEGETABLE WHOSE OUT COME GOES FOR FOOD PROCESSING AND BEVERAGES . BOTH IN INDIA AND ABROAD MARKET IS EXISTING. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED MAY CONTACT- N. PATHAK +919239245382 /8981089611 whatsapp

nilmoni_pathak

PLEASE CHOCK OUT A PROGRAM FOR MEETING WITH YOU AND OTHERS WHO CAN TAKE INITIAL PART OF THIS VENTURE MY PART SHALL BE A PART OF CONSULTANT OF THE PROJECT
REGARDS
N. PATHAK

intertrade

Hello All,

Let me make it more specific so that potential respondents can reply.

I am from Kerala and my plan is to develop an Agro Venture in Cochin. Now, if farmers in and around this region can just come in the reply thread, we can start discussing first.

Looking forward,
Syam

@moderator: I am new here.! Kindly suggest if you have any advice to reach right audience. Thanks in advance.

Hi Syam,

Let's talk on the subject,
Production, Process, Promotion are required to take any product forward profitably.

Tomato processing is high tech, costly, but is scalable, high demand.

Government facilities available.

Mobile.9620 557190.

syamsaranya

THIS INSERTION IS VERY LONG BACK PROPOSAL . MAY BE BY THIS TIME THIS MAY HAVE PROJECTED AND DOING PRODUCTION WITH TANGIBLE MARKET. BUT IF IT IS TILL TO BE PROJECTED THEN I WILL SUGGEST TO MAKE PASTE FROM TOMATO AS IT HAS MARKET OVER IN INDIA. THEN MANGO PASTE, GREEN CHILLY PASTE AND SO MANY FROM FRUITS AND VEGETABLE WHOSE OUT COME GOES FOR FOOD PROCESSING AND BEVERAGES . BOTH IN INDIA AND ABROAD MARKET IS EXISTING. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED MAY CONTACT- N. PATHAK +919239245382 /8981089611 whatsapp
Thank You for your valuable time and suggestion.! I assume that you are referring to some project plan that was active earlier.? Also, please note that the 'Tomato Paste' was just an example for potential advisers like you to understand my intention. We shall certainly discuss more (shall ping you on whatsapp)

syamsaranya

Hi Syam,

Let's talk on the subject,
Production, Process, Promotion are required to take any product forward profitably.

Tomato processing is high tech, costly, but is scalable, high demand.

Government facilities available.

Mobile.9620 557190.

Hello, Thanks for your response.! As you rightly said it needs very sharp planning and I believe, I need to acquire more knowledge. More over, I want to arrive at a plan that will benefit all concerned stake holders, especially farmers. It seems you have a good industry know how.! Shall contact you..

chia

Hello! Enormous quantities of Cashew Apple is wasted. However, I would suggest Jackfruit as the ideal crop for your food processing venture since Jackfruit is available in plenty in your region and is an underutilized crop.

We have a women empowered unit for processing fruits. Our installed capacity is 600 tons per year. we are based near Kanchipuram. We can process tomato ketchup, puree, Jams & Squashes. Our plant is FSSAI certified. If interested please write to suresh_samuel@yahoo.com