Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Fast growing higk value timber plants

Register

Click Here!

msp14154

Dear sir;

1)can i get seedlings of Pterocarpus santalinus, meliadubia, AilanthusExcelsa, casuarinaJunghuhniana. What is the cost......????

2)can i plant mixed combination of these all;is it suatable & viable;wt spacing should be given.?

raj12345

Casuarina with Venkatapathy reddiar

hi,

I am looking for same answer.

Can I grow Casuarina and melia dubia together/

Fast growing Casuarina is available with Venkatapathy reddiar at Rs4.5 per sapling

regards,
rajsekhar

shanmuga06

Melia Dubia

The mixed plantation of melia Dubia & casuarina is not advisable aswellas not possible.Because the dimension of the casuarina tree & melia Dubia tree entirely different .The melia Dubia tree spacing will more high while comparing with causationa.An account of this spacing variation both casuarina and melia Dubia will spoiled.

Thank you
A Sivakumar

plantman

Melia + Casuarina

Dear sir;

1)can i get seedlings of Pterocarpus santalinus, meliadubia, AilanthusExcelsa, casuarinaJunghuhniana. What is the cost......????

2)can i plant mixed combination of these all;is it suatable & viable;wt spacing should be given.?
Hi, It is possible to grow Casuarina and Melia dubia together. There are two successful plantations with this combination in the dry district of Ananthapur in Andhra Pradesh. They are very successful. Both these plantations are over 50 Ha and are raised by one minister and another MLA of the district. In fact, this model was suggested by us to these gentlemen because, we feared that Melia will not grow well in a dry area like Ananathapur ( but they were very insisting to grow Melia ) and so at least Casuarina junghuhniana will survive. Casuarina junghuhniana is hardy species and can grow in dry areas. It should be kept in mind that in the first two years, till Casuarina junghuhniana establishes well, you may need to replace the dead seedlings which can be up to 20 %. But once it establishes, it grows well inland. The spacing can be 3m x 3m in the mixed plantation.

However, keep in mind that if you want to plant Casuarina inland ( not coastal area ) then you have to choose Casuarina junghuhniana and not Casuarina equistifolia. About Ailanthus and Melia combination, I have no examples to quote.

Last edited:

shanmuga06

Melia +casuarina

Kindly intimate the yield from melia Dubia and casuarina? Then only we come conclusion about yield is good or not?

A Sivakumar