Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

farm land / agricultural land

Register

Click Here!

navnithgurung

hi , i have 2 questions,

1) what are the special documents required for a non farmer to buy a farm land in karnataka ?

2) if my family engaged in farming abt 70-80 years ago , what document is required to buy a farm land in karnataka.

navnith

vijayfarmer

Land purchase

Mr.Navneet, To buy Agricultural land in karnataka, one should be from farmers family, for that 1.you should get your fathers, grandfathers RTC from 1970. 2. you should have RTC in your name. Your annual income should not exceed Rs.2 laks from sources other than agriculture, and you have to prove it. 3. you should have Vamshavriksha certificate to prove that the ancisters shown in old RTC is related to you and many more. Myself, in spite of having all these, was harassed by officials in Taluk office. I had to run pillar to post for want of peculiar documents. spend lot of money. I advice you to go through Karnataka Revenue Act Sec.79A and 79 B. There has been a debate on why a non agriculturalist cannot buy land, going on and I read that Karnataka govt. is considering to relax the rule. If you have time and patience please wait or be very careful before you leap. you may call me , if you need more information. Good Luck........Vijay

Last edited by a moderator: