Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Eligibility for buying land in KA/MH

Register

Click Here!

sha_agro

I want to buy agricultural land. I heard you need to be "Farmer" traditionally to buy one, especially in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Few queries:

1) My current profession is not farming. Can I buy land in KA/MH/TN/AP?

2) We do have ancestral land in my grandfather's name in Rajasthan. Do I qualify as Farmer for buying land in above KA/MH/TN/AP?

3) What is the land ceiling in these states?

Appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

rsrs_in

Buying land in KA and MH is complex with KA being more complex than MH - as per my knowledge. It depends on where you want to buy the land, if its MH then you need to produce a farmer's certificate from any state in India and that would be the basis to get the land registered in your name.

In KA (while i dont have direct experience), I believe there are income rules and requirement to be a farmer from KA to buy agri land. KA ppl can provide more clarity. TN anyone can buy land - no need to be a farmer - but the challenge is being able to verify land records and ownership. There are many cases of multiple original documents doing rounds for certain land in certain areas

Where are you based and where do you plan to buy - if its MH then I may be able to provide some inputs basis your inputs.

sha_agro

Thanks for your reply.

I am based in Bangalore and hence I am looking for land in KA preferably but TN is also fine (in and around Hosur area). I am specifically planning to be in low maintenance horticulture.
Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks very much.

kum6

Agriculture land

Dear sir

I am kumar form Bangalore i came on that looking agriculture land Karnataka which said or you looking towards Kanakapura road Mysore road Tumkur road Sira Road and any other said looking pls mail me base on that i will to aid what will cost per acre pls mail form your personal id and i can count on you
Regards
kumar

Last edited by a moderator: