Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Drumstick cultivation

Register

Click Here!

jomathew

Hi All,

I've a plan to start moringa cultivation in 6 acres of land in Theni district, Tamil Nadu. Before starting, I would like to get your advise on the marketing potential of moringa pods. I would like to know if you can connect me with someone who offers buy back. If I start the cultivation now, pods would be ready by June 2021.

I heard there is a big price fluctuation if I sell as pods as they fetch good price only during Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb months. I won't get good price for the pods during the remaining months. This is the reason I'm searching for someone who can offer a fixed buy back price regardless of the market price fluctuation. They can use it for oil production or any other value added products from the pods.

I've heard about different varieties like MOMAX3, PKM-2 and ODC3. Would you please suggest me the best annual variety of moringa plant for producing pods and where to buy the seeds.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

The best annual variety of moringa plant for producing pods is PKM 2 and please buy the seeds from Ressearch Institute , TNAU, Periakulam, Tamilnadu

jomathew

Please advise if moringa leaves cultivation is better than pods. Shall we get some assured buyers for moringa leaves or can someone please share me the contact numbers of some moringa leaves processing companies. Also, pls advise if PKM2 is suitable for leaves production or is there another variety for leaves.

garao56

Usage of dry moringa powder by house holds are yet to be adopted/used for cooking . A lot of publicity and marketing effort has to be made for selling the powder. Export potential for moringa powder is yet to be explored. Only organically produced leaf powder will be accepted by European countries .

All Annual types of moringa is suitable for leaf production , as the same is planted closely like grass production