Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Drumstick cultivation-annual moringa -miracle tree

Register

Click Here!

carnay

DEAR DRUMSTICK FARMERS,

Here is technical matter for follow up of drumstick cultivation

Temperature -25- 30 degree celcius but can tolerate up to 48 degree celsius in the shade

soil - well drained sandy loam soil with soil pH -6.3 to 7.0

seed rate -500 grams

seedlings preparation- use 200 guage polythene bag-mix top soil and sand 3:1 ratio , mix little bit of super phosphate and compost , fill the bag

seed treatment- soak the seeds overnight in water, remove outer seed coat, remove the kernal and plant it 1 cm deep in each polythene bag.Germination will be noticed in 5-12 days

when seedlings are 60-90 cm height it is ready for transplanting in the main field

Planting in the main field - make 1-2 feet size pit based on the type of soil.mix top soil with 5 kgs of farmyard manure or compost and little neem cake . If possible apply azospirillum and phosphobacteria 20 grams each pit.

spacing of plants- 3 meter between rows and 2 meter between plants

Direction of planting - east west direction ensure proper sun light and aeration

Plant population per acre- 666 plants

Pruning and coopicing- when plant reaches 60 -90 cm height, pinch the tip 10 cm below the tip. About a week later several side branches will sprout and develop. When side branch reaches 60 cm long again cut it back to 30 cm long. And again do repeat it in subsequent sprouting and do 4 pinching within 3 months after planting in the main field.

Because by doing this it will induce profuse branching and more branches will give more pods/ fruits and tree size will also be manageable height.

Watering - any excess water will cause root rot disease. so only limited soil moisture for first two months till it establish is necessary and there after irrigate as and when necessary based on your soil type and prevailing climate

weeding - field should be weed free for first 5 months. so monthly weeding is advisable

If you want to get more yield better apply 5-7 kgs of Farmyard manure and 250- 300 grams of ammonium sulphate/tree. This will increase pod size and numbers.

If possible you can even apply CHINESE HUMIC ACID WHICH FAVOURS DRUMSTICK plants growth and developments and more yield

Disease - root rot -avoid excess moisture

Pest- leaf eating caterpillar,termite, bud worm, aphid , leaf miner and fruit fly.

Yield - Minimum 250 -300 fruits will be born out of single tree

so for about 666 plants * 250 fruits = 1,66,500 fruits per acre- even if you take single fruit weight on an average as 100 grams-you will get about 16-17 metric ton of fruit per acre

gross income - 1,66,50kgs @ Rs.10 per kg= Rs.1,66,500

Allow 10 % risk then gross income will be around Rs.1.50 lac

Cost of cultivation per acre- Rs.25,000

Net income per acre per year is Rs.1.25 lac

Note- chinese humic acid plays good role in drumstick cultivation..

Regards,

Mr.M.CHANDRAMOHAN, BBA,MMM,( Ph.D )

FOUNDER CHAIRMAN , CARNAY GROUP OF COMPANIES

MANAGING TRUSTEE, SOME FOUNDATION ( herbal way of living...)

Last edited:

mohan63

Mr. Chandramohan garu, Goodmorning
Iam Mohan Rao from Hyderabad. We are planning to Drumstic cultivation in 10 acres at nearby hyderabad. is it viable or not and how is this business profits and marketing.

carnay

Mr. Chandramohan garu, Goodmorning
Iam Mohan Rao from Hyderabad. We are planning to Drumstic cultivation in 10 acres at nearby hyderabad. is it viable or not and how is this business profits and marketing.
Dear Mr.Mohan Rao garu !

Really you have taken right decision that you have plan to plant 10 acres of drumstick near hyderabad. The drumstick annual plants varieties PKM1, PKM2 are doing wonder.You know the drumstick is rich in vitamins, aminoacid, minerals etc. It is hope to remove malnutrition in human lives. Its property and role in human food and health is innumerable.That is the reason why it is called miracle tree.

Moringa oil is extracted and exported now a days. Fruits are used in cooking tasty foods ..

You can find prospective agent for marketing drumstick in hyderabad itself..

In tamilnadu the drumstick tree is gaining importance recently . Farmers started cultivating annual moringa in lieu of perennial tree moringa ( drumstick )

Use this opportunity and earn lac and lac of money from 10 acres of drumstick cultivation.

I think you are really a clever farmer because your choice of drumstick crop is welcome move..

Reagrds,

M.Chandramohan,

pummy1

Can you please write me your mobile numbers and email ID as I wish to learn more about the drumstck cultivation in state of Rajasthan.

Best regards.

RPP

DEAR DRUMSTICK FARMERS,

Temperature -25- 30 degree celcius but can tolerate up to 48 degree celsius in the shade

seed rate -500 grams

seedlings preparation- use 200 guage polythene bag-mix top soil and sand 3:1 ratio , mix little bit of super phosphate and compost , fill the bag

seed treatment- soak the seeds overnight in water, remove outer seed coat, remove the kernal and plant it 1 cm deep in each polythene bag.Germination will be noticed in 5-12 days

when seedlings are 60-90 cm height it is ready for transplanting in the main field

Planting in the main field - make 1-2 feet size pit based on the type of soil.mix top soil with 5 kgs of farmyard manure or compost and little neem cake . If possible apply azospirillum and phosphobacteria 20 grams each pit.

Direction of planting - east west direction ensure proper sun light and aeration

Pruning and coopicing- when plant reaches 60 -90 cm height, pinch the tip 10 cm below the tip. About a week later several side branches will sprout and develop. When side branch reaches 60 cm long again cut it back to 30 cm long. And again do repeat it in subsequent sprouting and do 4 pinching within 3 months after planting in the main field.

Because by doing this it will induce profuse branching and more branches will give more pods/ fruits and tree size will also be manageable height.

Watering - any excess water will cause root rot disease. so only limited soil moisture for first two months till it establish is necessary and there after irrigate as and when necessary based on your soil type and prevailing climate

weeding - field should be weed free for first 5 months. so monthly weeding is advisable

If you want to get more yield better apply 5-7 kgs of Farmyard manure and 250- 300 grams of ammonium sulphate/tree. This will increase pod size and numbers.

If possible you can even apply CHINESE HUMIC ACID WHICH FAVOURS DRUMSTICK plants growth and developments and more yield

Pest- leaf eating caterpillar,termite, bud worm, aphid , leaf miner and fruit fly.

so for about 666 plants * 250 fruits = 1,66,500 fruits per acre- even if you take single fruit weight on an average as 100 grams-you will get about 16-17 metric ton of fruit per acre

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

arunteja

help me sir!

Hello
sir, i have 5acers dryland (chowdu boomi) in anantapur dist, andhrapradesh, i dig borewell about 250 fts and get a water of 3inches and build a compound(fancing) around my land and import 1000 loads of red,black soil in my landand mix it well and i prepared for cultivation. at last somepeoples says that the dryland(chowdu boomi) is never to cultivate anycrops it is waste for agriculture. so ireally disapointed,is the dry land is posible to cultivate ? if posible how can i do it? and which crop is sutable for my land if drip irrigation is needed or not? pls help me! i am realy helpless thanking u

xavier barel

I'm working in a non profit organisation that looking for 50 limb cuttings Drumsticks (minimum 1 meter) preferably PKM2 (seems very hard to find...) or PKM1 in short term. We are based in Kerala. Do you have any contact to buy these 50 limb cutting (and not seeds) in very short term ?
In parallel do you know where we can study drumstick short term professional growing technique in India ?

Thank you in advance

aschakra2

Mr. Arun,
You can plant eucalyptus or Subabul.
Pls check. You contact me at 9000680888 for any further help.

Chakravarthi

guruprasadaketi

How much chinese humic acid per plant and at what stage of growth to be applied?

Dear Sir, Thanks for very simple yet understandable information.

Sir I would like to know where & which brand of chinese humic acid to purchase. How, how much and when is this to be applied? Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Guru Prasad
+91 9620944466

DEAR DRUMSTICK FARMERS,

seed rate -500 grams

Regards,

jai1900

Pl contact I can supply PKM1 saplings 30-40 days old
I'm working in

a non profit organisation that looking for 50 limb cuttings Drumsticks (minimum 1 meter) preferably PKM2 (seems very hard to find...) or PKM1 in short term. We are based in Kerala. Do you have any contact to buy these 50 limb cutting (and not seeds) in very short term ?
In parallel do you know where we can study drumstick short term professional growing technique in India ?

Thank you in advance

shanmuga06

Hi Arunji,

On observation of your land details as you have stated here,it's very suitable for Casurina ( sarukudu) tree cultivation.The Casurina will adjust and grows well in any kind of soil under irrigation.The Casurina tree polls has much demand in the market for making temporary tents,construction purpose and fire wood.The paper industries also ready buy the Casurina logs for pulp making.

With regards,

A Sivakumar,
Priya nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN,South India.call:9843080275/priyagar06@yahoo.co.in