Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Drip irrigation

Register

Click Here!

prabhuyadwad

Hi

We are planning to install drip irrigation for 30 acre land .
Kindly help me how much Investment is required for drip irrigation for 30 acre land?
Which company is good for drip irrigation for sugar cane?
Is there any govt subsidy for drip irrigation ?We are from karnatka state Bagalkot Dis.

Thanks
Prabhu

kirti s

Hello sir

The unit cost of Drip Irrigation system depends upon the shape and size of command area, spacing and number of plants
cost includes

Mainline/Submain
Laterals
Drippers/micro-tubes
Lateral connectors
Straight connectors
Filters (Screen or Gravel)
Bends/end plugs, couplers, joint, tees
Pressure gauge, water meters
Water regulators
Installation charges

The average unit costs of drip irrigation system for different crops

Sugar Cane= [(0.75m+1.25m) x 0.15m] lateral spacing-2.25m
Cost can come upto 60440/- for 1 acre

v_appaji

Drip

Hi Prabhu,

I have put drip for 8 acres and I know the contact person. Please contact him for more details -
Name - Balakrishnan

Thanks
Appaj

Last edited by a moderator:

ckpal

Dear Mr. Prabhu

Please contact to Jain irrigation dealer in your district and he can help you properly.

Regards

ckpal
Hi

Kindly help me how much Investment is required for drip irrigation for 30 acre land?
Is there any govt subsidy for drip irrigation ?We are from karnatka state Bagalkot Dis.

Thanks
Prabhu

mullaps

drip irregation for guva plantation

I have plans to put up a drip irregation system to guva trees in 8 acres. there 200 trees per acre.how it will cost me arrange such system.i am ELURU westgodavari district andhrapradseh
Thanks

mullaps

drip irregation for guva plantation

I have plans to put up a drip irregation system to guva trees in 8 acres. there 200 trees per acre.how it will cost me arrange such system.i am ELURU westgodavari district andhrapradseh
Thanks

ramu1970

Drip irrigation-Sugarcane

Hi

Thanks
Prabhu
Mr.Prabhu !

Drip for sugarcane is right choice of irrigation especially in Bagalgot

More so, sub surface drip system is an opt choice since surface drip system get damaged either due to rat or during harvest of sugarcane

Neta firm or Jain irrigation is best company-however you need to check for quality of the material irrespective of the company involved.

Inline drip is recommended

Drip+ Fertigation tank + water soluble fertilizers -is the technology

If entire 30 acres are compact and in single place, total cost will be lesser and economical

For 30 acre expected cost of Drip cum fertigation system will be around Rs.8 lac.Since Main line and sub main line requirement will be lesser in length and hence lesser cost..

Trench + Installation charge + Vat for 30 acre -Rs.1 to 1.25 lac

If there is considerable distance between field and water pump/ borewell or open well , then extra cost likely to be incurred on May be around Rs.5000 or 10,000 depending upon the distance.

All the expenses put together will be calculated to be around Rs.9 to 10 lac for entire 30 acre.

Drip irrigation without fertigation tank is a utter waste..

If state government gives 50 % subsidy , then your cost of drip irrigation system will be reduced further down to Rs.5 to 5.25 lac for 30 acre.

Cost of cultivation per acre of sugarcane including other inputs like water soluble fertilizers and manures, seed cane, pesticide and other cultural packages will come around Rs.50,000 /acre including harvest labour and transport.

Yield expected in drip cum fertigation system is 100 MT

Gross income for 100 MT @ Rs.2500/ton - Rs.2,50,000

Risk allowed is 10% - Rs.25,000

Net income ( Rs.2.25 lac - Rs.0.5 lac) - Rs.1.75 lac

For 30 acre net income will be expected to be around Rs.52.5 lac

But make sure that in order to get desired yield you need to follow right variety of sugarcane, quality seed cane , correct season, timely cultural operations and other associated management practices..

Best of luck

Ramu

Last edited:

deepakmenon82

dear ramu,

very nice explanation on drip irrigation and profit from sugar cane. thank you for such wonderful explanation .

Regards
Deepak Menon

ramu1970

Drip irrigation-Sugarcane

dear ramu,

very nice explanation on drip irrigation and profit from sugar cane. thank you for such wonderful explanation .

Regards
Deepak Menon
Dear Sir,

Thank you and welcome.I take pleasure in telling as well as learning technical matter from this forum. Thanks again for your complements

Regards

Ramu

pawashesatish

Drip irrigation system

Sir i dealer for finolex plasson ind ltd are leader in drip irrigation system please send me your contact detail

jshinde

Contact Information Required

Hi Mr. Ramu - Request you to kindly provide the complete drip irrigation details along with dealers contact details for Nandurbar District as well kindly confirm the Govt Subsidery process.

Thanks
Jitendra

Mr.Prabhu !

Drip for sugarcane is right choice of irrigation especially in Bagalgot

More so, sub surface drip system is an opt choice since surface drip system get damaged either due to rat or during harvest of sugarcane

Neta firm or Jain irrigation is best company-however you need to check for quality of the material irrespective of the company involved.

Inline drip is recommended

Drip+ Fertigation tank + water soluble fertilizers -is the technology

If entire 30 acres are compact and in single place, total cost will be lesser and economical

For 30 acre expected cost of Drip cum fertigation system will be around Rs.8 lac.Since Main line and sub main line requirement will be lesser in length and hence lesser cost..

Trench + Installation charge + Vat for 30 acre -Rs.1 to 1.25 lac

If there is considerable distance between field and water pump/ borewell or open well , then extra cost likely to be incurred on May be around Rs.5000 or 10,000 depending upon the distance.

All the expenses put together will be calculated to be around Rs.9 to 10 lac for entire 30 acre.

Drip irrigation without fertigation tank is a utter waste..

If state government gives 50 % subsidy , then your cost of drip irrigation system will be reduced further down to Rs.5 to 5.25 lac for 30 acre.

Cost of cultivation per acre of sugarcane including other inputs like water soluble fertilizers and manures, seed cane, pesticide and other cultural packages will come around Rs.50,000 /acre including harvest labour and transport.

Yield expected in drip cum fertigation system is 100 MT

Gross income for 100 MT @ Rs.2500/ton - Rs.2,50,000

Risk allowed is 10% - Rs.25,000

Net income ( Rs.2.25 lac - Rs.0.5 lac) - Rs.1.75 lac

For 30 acre net income will be expected to be around Rs.52.5 lac

But make sure that in order to get desired yield you need to follow right variety of sugarcane, quality seed cane , correct season, timely cultural operations and other associated management practices..

Best of luck

Ramu

arpit

Netafim

If u r interested in setting up Netafim drip system.. contact me.. i can connect u to right person.

jshinde

Contact details

Hi Arprit - Please contact me following nos.

Jitendra -

kalyan12

I want to do the one Hector inline drip for sugarcane in my farm but my sugarcane cutting with in one month after that inline drip possible or notnot, also know inline drip is better or normal drip..

kalyan12

I want to do the one Hector inline drip for sugarcane in my farm but my sugarcane cutting with in one month after that inline drip possible or not , also know inline drip is better or normal drip..
Then I have to do drip for 5 Acer for sugarcane..