Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

dogs for farm

Register

Click Here!

hi
i would like some information as to where to procure a dog/ dogs for my farm outside bangalore. which breed is most suitable? i have heard that mudhola dogs are best suited.. thank you.

SWAMY1807

Dear Laxmi Sarathy,
As you informed, Mudhol verity is good, but you need to spend thousands to get them first and same kind of care needs to be taken. More over others may have eye on them to stole Why can't try for local verity which are not required much care and they will also very active on day and night with low maintenance.

Regards,
SWAMY

iniyaal

call me

Hi Lakshmi,
Call me for further information about dog which can used in the farm.

Raja

seemantini

laxmi,
in my experience , mongrels are most loyal , hardy and fierce guard dogs.....my turbo and tiger are just 2feet tall and lanky road side dogs picked from a farm litter....but they are paise vasool !

SWAMY1807

You know about one month old my little local champs are taking attacking skills from turkey bird by trying that bird which is 50 time more weigher then them.

When we say them go and be their in dairy shed, immediately they will go and stay their itself even in chilly whether now. They will grow as we like and how we train them.
Talent is here itself if we find locally and train them.
Regards,
SWAMY,

vithayphil

Farm Dogs

Go for Dashsunds to assist you in your Farm during the day - they are intelligent and very good at sniffing & warning Danger - especially snakes / rats etc.
Go for local Mongrels to let out at Night around the farm. They sturdy & easy to maintain especially if your farm is not fenced. Though you have to watch out for females (other sex) dogs that go into mating season that will entice your dog away during that time.

Cheers

mahas

I feel that any local variety you can find can be best option as it requires less time to take care of them. If you go for different kinds of sensitive dogs you need to spend alot of time in looking after them , managing them.

As long as you take care of dogs any variety of dog well , definitely they too take care of their territory.

yashmys

why dont u try Chippiparai...these are local hound dogs from Madurai. The food requirement is very less and also very sturdy dogs