Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Diary farming.

Register

Click Here!

pratapmalvi

Hi All,

I wanted to start a diary faming........in Bijapur Karnataka can i know the cost of 30 liter cow and type of cow or buffello will give 30 liters per day

Regards,
Prathap

lpmndri

Hi All,

I wanted to start a diary faming........in Bijapur Karnataka can i know the cost of 30 liter cow and type of cow or buffello will give 30 liters per day

Regards,
Prathap
The Bijapur climate is very hot, not advisable to maintain high yielding cows.
You may go for medium yielding or high yielding buffaloes depending on your level of management.
Before taking a final decision I advise you to visit Vinay Kulkarni's farm ( ex- MLA ) at Dharwad.

Dr. A. Obi Reddy
Please contact....

Last edited by a moderator:

pradeepsubash

Punjab has very hot summer and they are rearing only high yeild cows. Israel has very hot summer they are having the highest milk producing cows in the world. It is the farming practice you follow and the measures you take to provide the best envionment for cows to reduce its stress ie the measures taken to provide the cow comfort is one the the most important thing in commercial farming
regards
Pradeep Subash
nanmadairyfarm.com

cravi

Farm visit

Can you please provide information regarding Vinay Kulkarni's farm and how one can go about visiting his farm?
The Bijapur climate is very hot, not advisable to maintain high yielding cows.
You may go for medium yielding or high yielding buffaloes depending on your level of management.
Before taking a final decision I advise you to visit Vinay Kulkarni's farm ( ex- MLA ) at Dharwad.

Dr. A. Obi Reddy
Please contact....

infodairy

I will agree with Pradeep Subash, Although heat is a stress for dairy cows, by following proper management practices for your cows in the environment you are in. you can produce 30+ liters easily with good genetics and good modern management practices.

Adam Peffer

prateekvaish

Managing Pure HF in Tropics is certainly not an easy task and huge losses may occur to inexperienced farmers on account of Anaplasmosis, theleria, babeosis, trypanasomasis etc. Also HF requires good housing and specialized nutrition. One can not compare israel with india as in india there is no beef value of cattle. Also the cost benefit ratio has to be kept in mind. As far as Punjab is concerned, still buffalo is the preffered animal. Most of the farms established under white card at Punjab failed to repay loans on time. HF certainly is the best dairy breed of the world but this temperate grassland animal requires lot of skill and management to perfort (even survive) at Tropics. Its better to go for Murrah buffaloes and crossbreed cows initially.