Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Development in smal land

Register

Click Here!

mskochar1959

Hello,
I am a farmer + service man,Having 18 arc of land in Maharashtra,near to city,water facility
available,but laborer problem,suggest some good planning

suryanarmada

Hi Sir, First take some manageable acres of land (for example max of 5 acres). Divide the land into two. One with long term tree crops. Other with vegetables, flowers , cereals. To avoid labour problems you can try with semi mechanised farming technique

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello,
I am a farmer + service man,Having 18 arc of land in Maharashtra,near to city,water facility
Hi mskochar1959,

You cannot wish away the labour problem. I am from TN and here also people are facing this problem. The only way out is to give them good salary and other incentives or go for mechanized farming so as to the reduce the labour as much as possible.

Instead of going for daily labour, have permanent labour (1+1 or according to the need) and some temporary labour when required.

In your situation, you can allocate good portion of your land to Long Term Crops & Medium Term Crops. But for the maintenance of the farm, you need to go for Short Term Crops.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

garao56

18 arc of land in Maharashtra,

Hello,
Dear sri mskochar ji,

You can take up land development with irrigation facilties first including fencing, farm house any other requirement.

you can take up cultivation of crops like cotton, vegetables, flowers, other food crops if sufficient irrigation water is available.

If water is limited , labour is in short supply go for pomegranate, grape cultivation etc

If you do not have sufficient time go for farm forestry with subabul, eucalyptus, teak, sandal wood etc

Pl contact us for project report and for technical guidance.

G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag), Agri-Finance & Technical consultant
Vijaya Agro consultants

pineapple

solving problem in agriculture

Hello,
you can use your land for mixed plantation of Mango and Pineapple both are annual crops and needs very less labor.