Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

DATE FARMING (tissue culture bahree date plants)

Register

Click Here!

davedatefarm

Will the dates become ripe like the ones we buy in the super market or do we have to cook the semi ripe ones.
Dear sureshsamuel,
Thank you for response

Bahree dates fruit can be classified according to the degree of ripeness. The development of bahree date fruits is divided into four stages.
The first stage is termed hababouk, when the fruits are in the premature stage, right after pollination. During this stage, dates are small and creamy.
Date fruits, which are in the second to seventeenth week of growth are called kimri. As they pass through this second stage, the fruits remain green and hard. they have a high moisture content and some amount of sugars. However, these dates are bitter.
The next six weeks comprise the khalal stage, when the fruits attain their full size. Their color change to yellow, but they remain hard and unripe. The sugar content increases during this stage.
The rutab stage denotes the next four weeks of growth. During this period, the fruits turn brownish at the tips. They soften a little, and lose some moisture ,When the fruits are allowed to ripe further, they turn semi-dry or dry and wrinkled.
These last two weeks denote the tamar stage. while bahree dates starts harvesting during the khalal stage as fresh fruit.
I hope you got your answer.

Hi Dave Date Farm
Thanks for your inputs. Recently I happen to meet some date farmers near Tirunelveli & they were upset as the fruits they grow never ripened. On checking out with TNAU, understand that dates will not ripen in any part of India including Rajasthan as the temperature for ripening will not be attained in India. Could you please educate us.

davedatefarm

Hi Dave Date Farm
Thanks for your inputs. Recently I happen to meet some date farmers near Tirunelveli & they were upset as the fruits they grow never ripened. On checking out with TNAU, understand that dates will not ripen in any part of India including Rajasthan as the temperature for ripening will not be attained in India. Could you please educate us.
dear sureshsamuel,
as you know that temperature is affecting for ripening of fruits and also affecting by other factors like earlier season of monsoon & atmospheric moisture etc,.
hope you can understand.

vamshi01

dear sureshsamuel,
as you know that temperature is affecting for ripening of fruits and also affecting by other factors like earlier season of monsoon & atmospheric moisture etc,.
hope you can understand.
You have not concluded whether the fruits get ripened or not.....

davedatefarm

You have not concluded whether the fruits get ripened or not.....
As above post i already mentioned that this fruit is harvest in khalal stage. After khalal stage rutab stage being start, in rutab stage some conditions affect the fruit's ripeness like atmospheric moisture, temperatures, and early monsoon activity.
Now you can understand that this fruit can be ripened, But in our country it's harvested earlier as fresh fruit.

Hi Dave Date Farm, Could you please conclude this as we can clarify to a lot of people who have invested in a date farm and looking eagerly for great returns.

davedatefarm

There are lots of farmers in Gujarat who cultivating the dates farm and generate great income and also they are cultivate intercrop to generate extra income. As you know we are the dates farm developers, we develope farm with studies of all prospective to dates plants.

nuttam

I want in Zahirabad Telangana state. Intercropping of dates and dragon.at the same can u give the Rates u charge.
my mail is narothamy2gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

davedatefarm

I want in Zahirabad Telangana state. Intercropping of dates and dragon.at the same can u give the Rates u charge.
my mail is narothamy2gmail.com
please share proper email address so i can share the all the details and we do both cultivation and i also like to know how much acre land you are plan for dragon fruits and dates?