Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy suggestion

Register

Click Here!

agrireddy

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 250 COWs in Tamilnadu in KANYAKUMARI area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
2) Project cost with 250 Cows.
3) Market strength / best buyer daily basis.
4) Best cow available with 30 to 35 ltr milk / day from each cow.
5) Milking period of cows.
7) Land requirement for present 250 and feature around 1000 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).
6) Is it really profitable business?

I may take your consultancy for entire project so please give me best & honest guidance.

maruthidairy

integrated dairy farm - reg.

Dear sir,

we are from bangalore, done our own dairy farm of 100 cows model project. Initialy, we were also very much interested as like you to begin with 250 and expand to 1000. But, after understanding the subject indetail in all aspect it is better to understand properly the dairy farm. It is a very dedication,passionate,committed and atmost attensions drawing activity.

so, it can't be discussed indetail about this activity for such a large farm plans. please communicate to us o to have indetailed discussions in person.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 250 COWs in Tamilnadu in KANYAKUMARI area. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
7) Land requirement for present 250 and feature around 1000 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).

I may take your consultancy for entire project so please give me best & honest guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:

sardafoods

sarda foods

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 100 COWs in patna bihar. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
2) Project cost with100 Cows.
7) Land requirement for present 100 and feature around 500 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).

I may take your consultancy for entire project so please give me best & honest guidance.[/QUOTE]

thanks

S.kumar

manas reddy

Dairy Farm Development

Hi agrireddy,

Greetings from Satya Sai Dairy Farm,

I am happy to inform you about Dairy farm development services offered by Satya Sai Dairy Farm.

Do you want to set up a dairy farm but don't have the time/knowledge to do it yourself ?

then our "Dairy farm development service" is the solution.

following are the services we offer:

1. Help you to buy good farm land.
2. set up infrastructure such as irrigation, electricity, farm buildings and storage units.
3. grow fodder crops on the farm land.
4. Buy all the dairy farm equipments like chaff cutter, milking machines etc..
5. arrange labor for the farm
6. Buy Cows
7. Stabilize operations and transfer or maintain the dairy farm for you.

the above services are broadly classified into three categories :

1. Real estate services - help in buying the best farm land
2. Build operate transfer - setting up of full fledged dairy farm on turn key basis
3. build operate maintain - setting up of full fledged dairy farm and manage it.

These services are now provided near Bangalore, Kolar, Mulbagul districts of karnataka and chittoor district of A.P

For more details on the services offered by us you can mail us at satyasaidairyfarm@gmail.com

please send a mail with your contact details and a right time to get in touch with you.

Happy farming!!!

Manas Reddy

About US

Satya Sai Dairy farm is a registered firm engaged in farming and dairy activities we are a team of experienced construction contractors, engineers and management professionals who have successfully ventured into agriculture and related industry.

prateekvaish

Regarding 250 cow dairy unit

Dear Sir,

Kindly find answers to all your queries as given below:-
1. Govt. subsidy :- Available on Indigenous milk processing unit, Bio-gas plant etc. Also loan on low interest rates are available.
2. Project cost for a 250 cow unit :- Rs. 2.85 crores
3.Market :- Every drop produced will be sold from door step. Market facility for disposal of dung/manure also available. Marketing of surplus livestock can be facilitated along with buyback agreement for pregnent heifers.
4. Best Breed :- holstein Friesian though Holstein crossbreed i.e. HFXS, HFXRS, HFXT are recommended as initial stock.
5.Milking period is generally taken as 300 days in order to have parity in comparing lactation yield,though dry period in HF or HF crossbreed is around 30 days on an average.
6. land requirement :- 35 Acres (250 cattle) 120 acres (1000 cattle) is sufficient for providing 365 days green fodder in adlib quantity.
7. The business is expected to generate ROI of 25-28% from very first year. Rest, details regarding profitability can be better understood by analysing projected cash flows, DSCR, Ratio analysis etc.

Regards,
Prateek Vaish,
VP Operations, Model Dairy Farm Services (India's largest dairy farming consulting group since 1979).

Phones :- 09936286478, 09936296361
Email : prateekvaish@yahoo.com

We at Model Dairy Consulting Services provide our clients complete end to end solutions in dairy farming. Our services start right with the conception of idea of an ideal dairy farm fully customized according to the local environment and client needs. We are the only dairy consultants in India which actually own and operate a 250+ cattle breeding Farm with Indian born Pure HF (F6/F7 i.e.92%+ exotic blood level). Our consulting services focus on efficiency as well as efficacy. We assure not only timely completion of project but also on optimum utilization of resources. Our Consultancy Services Include all aspects of dairy farm operations some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Project report preparation (50 lakhs to 10 crores)
2. Developing Standard farm operating procedure and annual business plan
3. Farm layout
4. Manpower planning and solutions
5. Tailor – made Training sessions
6. Sourcing of Livestock
7. Fodder management
8. Computation of feed.
9. Farm mechanization
10. Optimization of operating costs and efficiency ratios
11. Designing of most economical, comfortable and secure cow sheds and other required spaces.
12. Assistance in marketing of livestock after 2 years (even complete buy back arrangement can be worked out for pregnant heifers.)
Salient features of our A-Z Dairy Consulting Services :-
Technical knowhow matched with 30 years of practical experience of owning and running a dairy farm.
Focus on maximizing productive investment and minimizing investment on non productive items.
Selection of plant, machinery and equipments to be need based and not based on whims and fancies.
Alternate designs offered in most fixed investment so as to minimize it.
Guaranteed savings of 15 to 25 % in your project cost.
Guaranteed lucrative returns on investment.
Most economical and rational service charges.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.

hailbrijesh

Hi,

I havel lot of information about this as I am planning to enter into this business myself. I can give you what I have (if you can send me a detail list of your requirements)

Please note that it is best to proceed with all the information at hand before many any decision on how and where to spend the money. Dairy business is intensive and best to start on a small scale.

I can also put you in touch with KVK and TNAU people who I am already speaking with for my project. Please let me know if you need any assitance

All this is free of charge as I am also an enterprenuer.

to answer some of your queries

1. HF cross breeds will lactate for around 300 days a year with an average milk yield of 20 ltrs per day (peak milk yield of around 35 ltrs). This is subject to other factors like housing, nutrition management being taken care of adequately

2. Rule of thumb is that you will need 1 acre of land for 5 cows and 2 followers for green fodder throughout the year. You can probably feed more than this if you follow the intensive fodder cultivation and management practices recommended by KVK / TNAU and Indian institute of fodder

3. Labour cost can be reduced via automation but would require capital expenditure i.e. automatic milking machine, TMR feeding system, smart shed construction etc. The beauty of this is that you dont need to start off with all of this. Plan in advance and introduce mechanization in phases when your herd strength grows

it is a profitable business and you will be able to sell milk from door step. at the onset it is advisable to do everything in phases if you are a new comer and learning the business at the same time (if possible incase you have alternative cash flow). going forward you can look at generating revenue from producing vermicompost as well. Dung obtained from 7 adults and 3 young cattle can produce 19.4 tons of vermicompost per year (TNAU)

kind regards,
Brijesh

regards,
Brijesh

nani35446

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 250 COWs or buffalo in andhra pradesh. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.

jkingsly

Please let us know the contact details

Hello Brijesh

I am Kingsly from kanyakumari.
We started small dariy farm with 4 cows.
just 3 months old business.
We are intrested to learn more from you.

Please let me know your mail ID i will contact you.

Thanks & Reagrds
Kingsly
Hi,

I havel lot of information about this as I am planning to enter into this business myself. I can give you what I have (if you can send me a detail list of your requirements)

Please note that it is best to proceed with all the information at hand before many any decision on how and where to spend the money. Dairy business is intensive and best to start on a small scale.

I can also put you in touch with KVK and TNAU people who I am already speaking with for my project. Please let me know if you need any assitance

1. HF cross breeds will lactate for around 300 days a year with an average milk yield of 20 ltrs per day (peak milk yield of around 35 ltrs). This is subject to other factors like housing, nutrition management being taken care of adequately

2. Rule of thumb is that you will need 1 acre of land for 5 cows and 2 followers for green fodder throughout the year. You can probably feed more than this if you follow the intensive fodder cultivation and management practices recommended by KVK / TNAU and Indian institute of fodder

3. Labour cost can be reduced via automation but would require capital expenditure i.e. automatic milking machine, TMR feeding system, smart shed construction etc. The beauty of this is that you dont need to start off with all of this. Plan in advance and introduce mechanization in phases when your herd strength grows

it is a profitable business and you will be able to sell milk from door step. at the onset it is advisable to do everything in phases if you are a new comer and learning the business at the same time (if possible incase you have alternative cash flow). going forward you can look at generating revenue from producing vermicompost as well. Dung obtained from 7 adults and 3 young cattle can produce 19.4 tons of vermicompost per year (TNAU)

kind regards,
Brijesh

regards,
Brijesh

hailbrijesh

Send me a PM as the forum does not allow me to input my email address in the posts

i am trying to give it here in anycase

lpmndri123

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.

Contact National Dairy Research Institute for all details and feasibilty / profitability of daity farms/plants.

drsarkar

Dear Sarda Foods ,

We are the Dairy Project Consultant & Adviser for Livestock Farms as well as Small Medium to Large Dairy Sectors under farms / Processing zone .. We are from East ( Jharkhand + Bihar + WB ) but our Offices are at M.P. and Rajasthan ..Our One Animal Feed Consultancy Project is running at Patna and another Dairy Farm Project is under pipeline at Gaya dist.. Plz contact us Dr. Dev Sarkar ..

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 100 COWs in patna bihar. Please guide me with below details to increase my knowledge.

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.
2) Project cost with100 Cows.
7) Land requirement for present 100 and feature around 500 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).

thanks

S.kumar[/QUOTE]

drsarkar

Dear Mr. Agri Reddy ,

Plz contact for your Dream dairy Project at Kanyakumari ..I am reaching at pondicherry on 6th December evening for Large scale Dairy farm Project on Turnkey basis .. We are providing complete Turnkey services on Dairy farm / Processing , Goatry , Poultry and Animal feed Projects in mediym to large scale with our banner GGDFCS India .. Plz contact us Dr. Dev Sarkar, Ph.D......

1) GOVT. Subsidy if any.

alikvpl

Hi,

kind regards,
Brijesh

regards,
Brijesh

Dear Brijish
I had finished the fodder cultivation and cow shed construction for a dairy farm. I required more than 15 hf yeilding cows with calves to start my dairy. Help me giving the information about availability of cows and cost.
Thanks & Regards

hailbrijesh

contact your nearest KVK to obtain information on the cattle fairs and other sources of procuring the animals. you can also investigate with farmers who are in a position to sell surplus stock. it all depends on where you are located and the logistics. there are members in this forum who deal in buying/selling of animals. contact pratik vaish or khurana dairy farm. you will find their posts in this forum