Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

nav_45300330

hello,
iam naveen from mysore. i have 10 acres of agricutural land, iam intrested in dairy farming, i have gone through dairy classes in bangalore ,

i need to know which banks support dairy farming?

can u plz revert back?

thanking you
naveen

kalyanma

Dairy and milking machines

Dear sir;

I am an enginner ,have 15 yers industrial exp, however now i want to go to dairy farming buissness, i know little bit regarding cows and buffalows , since my father was farmer , and up to 12 th std , i was infact leaving with parents and with 20 to 25 cattels, however among 5 were milking animals which can give milk , and i use to take some times these all animals to fields, when servent was absent .

after wards i done my BE in industrial engineering, now i am earning 50,000/- net per month salery however since i am in marketing of products, .
i have to rome always in the field , rrecently i am not feeling well , since i have to rome in industries always.

Hence Now i tool Decision to Set up my Own Dairy Farm with intaily as you told 10 and afetr six months 10 buffalows.

Is there any necisity to take Training kind or as i planned to visit fars of diff types of dairying and gathering info is enough.

And also i want to know what steps involved in packing milk, after milking , kindly guide me total process of milking and piping technique.

Thank you
Regards,

kalyan .
Please contact...

Last edited by a moderator:

dr_vivekpatil

Try out http://sites.google.com/site/viveklpm/ for Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs

Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

sinhadeepak21

hello,
iam naveen from mysore. i have 10 acres of agricutural land, iam intrested in dairy farming, i have gone through dairy classes in bangalore ,

i need to know which banks support dairy farming?

can u plz revert back?

thanking you
naveen
Hi naveen
Happy to know u that u r interested in dairy farming.come to the point,now the government encourage the agricultural business,government bank or grameen bank provide the loan for this kind of business u can apporach them for your requirment.If u get the loan from grameen bank it is more benificial for u.

kittu_06

hi this is krishna

hi sir murali krishna this is my mail address can you forward your details

maruthidairy

Boss,In starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming.Avoid brokers while purchasing cows.Avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. i will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam,near krishnagiri. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. a mild slope for the water to drain. if slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows,human beings and for pregnant cows. a cow needs a standing place of 2 mtr length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

For 10 cows if you need a single can machine 1 or 2 people can manage. We have a kannada speaking service person who can install and train your staff.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity.Buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsators and vacuum pump. We are in that business. Its better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Money is there from the front of the cow ( milk) and back of the cow ( cow dung conversion to organic manure or vermi compost with earthworms- you make vermi compost by leaving good earth worms- its having good demand in places where vegetable cultivation/flowers/coconut/where ever is there chemical fertiliser isused.)

Maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying,then you can venture into buffaloes.They yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. ( buffalo curd is more tastier).

When they become old you dispose it off or give it to some goshala. When they are dry, inseminate them if they are in good health. For any cow dry period is there.

I hope i have clarified your doubts. I am Murali Krishnan, who worked for nearly 20 years in this line, now doing my own business. i had met with a very serious accident last october in my scorpio and unfortunately i got left side paralysis. I am typing now using my right hand, i have recovered but facial left paralysis remains. i can walk and move my left hand but not like what i was using my left hand before. I was actually heading for nagpur when this unfortunate thing happened. i sold a milking parlour there. Milking parlour means milker will be standing in a pit and cows will stand in a platform and the milk from its udder will get collected in a SS pipe in the centre and falls finally to a bulk milk cooler or collecting vessel. No milking cans will be there. milk from the udder of the cow will go the milk cooler untouched by hand. The milk given by each cow can be measured using milk meters installed in the SS pipeline.

I am importing machines from turkey which is ISO certified and manufactured as per european norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, fron the overhead tank. water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside thw water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. if pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With Chaff cutter you can cut CO3 grass(which grows upto 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. for 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

Our milking machines do not need any oil for pulsators as its the latest pneumatic type and its vacuum pump also does not need oil.we had given our machines to the veterinary colleges in mannuthy,trichur, veterinary college wynad, livestock farm kudappanakkunnu,trivandrum, mr.hamaad,ksheeradhara award winner,trivandrum district, sri sathya sai orphanage trust,thonnakkal,trivandrum,santhigiri ashram,pothencode trivandrum. Its a totally imported machine from turkey, its ISO certified machine manufactured as per european norms. If need be you may visit

We can deliver this machine at your place the next day you remit the money in our account. Kindly remit Rs.1500/- towards our delivery charges which will be extra.You can remit cash in our icici bank account or in the catholic syrian bank account. Please contact us so that we give you the account number. So a total cost of the machine plus Rs.1500/- must be deposited.

For BS Mini X - Rs.50,000/-
For BS 5/1X-Rs.60,000/-
For BS 5/2X-Rs.90,000/-

Please e mail us or contact us in the address given below:

Murali Krishnan
Please contact...
Dear sir,

we are looking for a 1 x 6 milk parlour for our dairy which is under construction of 80 herds. can u discuss about the same. please contact

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.
maruthidairy.