Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

Dear friends,
I am going to start a dairy farm with in 3 months with minimum of 3 cows initially. So I planned to cultivate green fodder for my cows initially. I have enough land to cultivate green fodder. So please help me, what to cultivate, what are varieties are to be cultivated, how much to be cultivated for year around and where can I get the seeds for fodder varieties. Am seriously looking for a answer. So please help me to find a solution.

Regards
PARTHIBAN

bharathi_hosur

Dear friends,
I am going to start a dairy farm with in 3 months with minimum of 3 cows initially. So I planned to cultivate green fodder for my cows initially. I have enough land to cultivate green fodder. So please help me, what to cultivate, what are varieties are to be cultivated, how much to be cultivated for year around and where can I get the seeds for fodder varieties. Am seriously looking for a answer. So please help me to find a solution.

Regards
PARTHIBAN
Hello Parthipan,

Each cow would require minimum 20kgs of green fodder per day. My recommendation is to grow Yellow Maize(Makkachollam) after seeding it takes 90 days to grow fully, wait till the corns are grown and cultivate them. This provides good milk yield and i have witnessed it myself. However this require frequent plantation. If you talk with local Tamilnadu Agriculture office you can get seeds for perenial plants such as Veli Masal etc., I have tried this but it didnt give milk yield as i got with Maize. Hope this helps you.

Good luck

Thank you for your response sir. Can I use the plants as dry fodder once yellow maize harvesting has done. I heard rice straw is harmful for milk yield due to axolic acid content in its. Can you prefer any plants to cultivate for dry fodder. Thank you in advance

Hi friends.
Is there anybody to help me. I want to know what kind of dry fodders can be feed to dairy cattle's. Please help me.

dhoodhpremi

hi parrthipan
you can give dry ragi straw,wheat straw or paddy straw as dry fodder
if you can grow and store allfalfa (best fodder crop)

sreeyash

Hi Parrthipan,

There r various fodder plants consumed by animals and there r various algae and shrubs used to increase the milk output.

First, let me know the breed of cow u r planning to buy.

2) Your location.
3) Milk output.
4) Soil ph.
5) Land availability
6) Climatic conditions
7) Water resources.

U r success in dairy depends on all of the above factor.

If u can let me know... I will b able to guide u in details.

Regards

Chetan Kondewar

bsrivari

Hi,
I am interested to start dairy farm,I have 4 acres land and rich water sources.My land is 45 Km away from mysore. I want IT professionals to invest in this project and they can join there hand to this project.any one can help me how to get a public fund and participation.
Regards
bsrivari

harisghori

I am looking for 25 murra buffaloes and 25 cross jersey cows young one pregnant with first lactation. delivered to Hyderabad.
If you anyone selling let me know,