Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

yashvir

Hello,I am planning to set up a dairy plant at my village situated in haryana,could you suggest me the ideal way of setting up the plant and brief me regarding various central and state govt schemes

kirti s

Hello sir,
You can definitely plant plan setting up of dairy farm as there is grate demand and market is highly organized.ruffly 1-1.5 laks per cow is cost of setting of dairy and you decide the number of cows you can manage, along with this you also need land where you can grow fodder (Co-4, co-2 grass ) and feeds which will be provided by dairy or any shops.
all the nationalized banks will provide loan to set up a dairy, many schemes are there to provide subsidy for the investment made by you it varies with state to state
kindly find below one of the seheme available in haryana
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT TO EDUCATED/SEMI– EDUCATED YOUNG MEN/WOMEN OF RURAL AREAS THROUGH WOMEN OF RURAL AREAS THROUGH DAIRY DEVELOPMENT BY ESTABLISHMENT OF MINI DAIRY UNITS.
This scheme envisages setting up of mini dairy units which primarily aims at providing gainful self employment opportunities to unemployed educated / semi – educated young men / women, scheduled castes and backward classes of rural areas to retain them in rural premises so that they may not migrate to urban areas for seeking white collared jobs. This scheme is being implemented in the State since 1979 – 80. After completion of 11 days dairy training, the candidates are assisted in securing loans for setting up of their commercial / mini dairy units of 5/3 milch animals through various financial institutions / banks for the purchase of milch animals.
A subsidy @15% of the dairy animals cost per unit is provided to the beneficiaries in addition to 50% insurance premium (State share)
for further details please visit nearest animal husbandry department