Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

ravibr

Hello,
I am starting a dairy farming in a very small scale as i don't have experience at present. I need your advice on who can help in giving right guidance on various aspects like (a) Building cost effective cow sheds (b) where to buy cows and which breed (c) where to buy milking and other machineries required. Also I would like to know where i can get training on farming in Bangalore?

Ashwini

Hi Ravi,
Before you start, it is necessary that you get a training on Dairy farming and also please do visit a few dairy farms to gain practical experience. Trainings are provided at Hessarghata, Bangalore. You can approach Dr.Nagaraj-9880939330 for training.
Trainings are also provided at National Dairy Research Institute. YOu need to call the reception for dates.

Regarsd
Ashwini S

ravibr

Dairy farming - support to build

Thank you very much dear Ashwini.
Please note, I had already contacted Dr. Nagaraj and it seems the next training session is starting from 05-Aug (Mon-Sat), which I plan to attend. I had also visited various dairy farms and collected some first hand information. Now, I have finalized a land (around 45 KMs from Mysore) where I intend to build this farm. I need everyone's support to get best support in progressing on various aspects right from fencing the land to building the cow shed, buying machineries and so. Any support in providing right contacts in these areas is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi Kumar

rehmank

Hello Mr Ravi,

Myself too venturing in setting up a dairy on a small scale in mysore. Recently i attended a 3 day training at KMF. It was ok. Was planning to go to hasserghatta but could not. Currently working on shed design and the materials to be used to make it low cost, and simultaneously looking out for cows. Good HF breed cows are hard to find, there are no big farms offering certified breed cows. The market is ridden with brokers and malpractices. Anyways, would like to know your progress and tips to make the process smooth. I am staying in Shrirampura second stage.

Best of luck!

uvarajp

Hi im uvaraj interested to start my own diary farm with low budget i doesn't have any idea about this farms so need training were its provided near by vellore i need to know about the vaccination and feeds and the cost of investment