Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy farmig -reg

Register

Click Here!

rajareddyd

Dear All,
Self is Commerce Post Garduate with M.Phil and MBA. Presently working as private employee as a Senior Manager - Purchase for One of the private limited company in Hyderabad.

But, now I am thinking to start my own dairy farming Business in my native district Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. We have 20 acres of land in a single area near to Gudur to Tiruptahi highway with good water facilities.

Request you to help me in setting up the dairy farm.

Self doesnt have liquid money on hand. Only land is available. Can I start the bussiness. Pls advice!!!

Regards,
Raja Reddy.D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

HI

You can write a project report and submit it to any nationalised banks or NABARD for loan. THe dairy science department at Tirupathi will assist you in writing a project report. PLease do approach them

Regards
Ashwini

saride_rao

Dairy Farming

Dear Sri.Reddy,

I suggest you to source a Hand Book on Dairy farming for updating yourself
on Dairy farming.

In respect to your query on Dairy farming.20 Ac land is ideal and you can venture in to Dairy farming without any doubt.

Dr SUM Rao

saxena

Dear Raja Reddy,

Having own land is a good asset.Talk to Nationalised and not new generation banks for agri finance-Dairy. You will get finances based upon their assessment and your knowledge in that particular field.

Dairying is not an easy job.You need to milk your cows twice daily, ie; early in the morning and afternoon. You need to be there at these times.You cannot trust your workers during milking and feeding time.You must supervise that activity. 20 acres of land i think 150-200 cows or buffaloes can be kept which includes fodder land.Normally in Andhra, more buffalo farms are seen.Buffaloes are sensitive animals unlike cows.They get attached to one person very fast. Planting of fodder like CO3, needs to be done. Water facility and drainage to be planned in the site.

If you can be there to monitor definitely you can start. If you try to control it sitting in a distance, I am sorry to say that "remote control" will not work and your money will be enjoyed by others.That's the highest risk a person running a dairy will face. Demand is there for milk and Co-operatives and private players like Heritage,Tirumala milk and many others are there. Its a good area to enter but risk is there like any other industry.All the best!!

MKTVM

QUOTE=rajareddyd;192043]Dear All,
Self is Commerce Post Garduate with M.Phil and MBA. Presently working as private employee as a Senior Manager - Purchase for One of the private limited company in Hyderabad.

But, now I am thinking to start my own dairy farming Business in my native district Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. We have 20 acres of land in a single area near to Gudur to Tirupathi highway with good water facilities.

Request you to help me in setting up the dairy farm.

Self doesnt have liquid money on hand. Only land is available. Can I start the bussiness. Pls advice!!!

Regards,
Raja Reddy
Dear Reddy,
I am based in Hyderabad and can offer consultancy in your proosed dairy project.
With best wishes,
Ajeet Saxena