Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy Farm

Register

Click Here!

bheemaiah

Hello,

This is bheemaiah from Andhra Pradesh; I am also interesting to start a dairy farm……. I was completed MBA in Finance, at present I am working in BPO company

Dairy farm is my dream project I am very much interested to start a dairy farm in my native place I need a some guidelines to you can you please help on this…..

Need a clarification:

1)How much land required to start a dairy farm (initial I am planning to stat up in to 10 cows like that gradually increasing up to the volume of 50)
2)Initial investment to start
3)How to protect from disease
4)Water requirement …..
5)Types of insurance available to protect cows
6)Could you have any model project, If you have can you please send me
7)I have two alternative plans: i) Start total 10 cows or ii) Start 6 Buffalos and 4 cows like that, please tell me which one is the best.
8)One more plan also there in my mind, i.e.., after two years alternatively start a Goat Forming business also, is it ok? Or any suggestion on this …………
9)Actually how much land is required, I am planning to buy 4 acres of land, I know this is not sufficient but I don’t have enough money(in this land good water facility is there that is one of the reason I have committed this land) in future I am sure I will extended this……

I am eagerly waiting for your replay………….

Thanks and Regards,
Bheemaiah.

Last edited:

antony_pratap

Greetings from Indian Agri Films

Hi,

We have CD's on Dairy farming Part 1 & 2 which will have the followind details.

1. Different Breeds and their performance.
2. Various Housing Systems
3. Disease management & Routine Vaccination
4. Commercial details
5. Various fodder managment
6. Bio Gas techonology and so on.

you can email indian.agrifilms@gmail.com for any details.

We also have various other cds, which you can see in our post in the forum.

Thanks,
Antony
+91 99620 11278

saima

Dear Mr Bheemaiah,

Replies are hereunder :-

1)How much land required to start a dairy farm (initial I am planning to stat up in to 10 cows like that gradually increasing up to the volume of 50):

Please remember that Dairy animals are live stock which require fodder and water. Even if you have 50 animals, you need to have atleast five to ten acres of land for grazing or growing fodder. For tying and safeguarding the stock, you need minimum 1/2 acre land with sheds etc. Your questions have not covered whether you will grow fodder for animals or purchase from market. In case you purchase fodder from market, then the dairy farm business will not be profitable. Hence Before purchasing animals, please plan to grow fodder, store, sheds etc. Also, four acres land is sufficient if you scientifically plan and grow fodder. Then, have you done survey of the area where you are establishing dairy about the milk requirement vis-a-vis rates you are going to get or you are going to supply to the Govt/Private dairy. The rate you are going to get matters most. Other members may please correct meif I am wrong.

If you purchase good cows or buffalows then each live stock may cost approx 35,000 to 40,000/-. The construction cost of shed, protenous diet for animals, servant, doctor charges extra.

Hygenic surrounding, cleanliness and not allowing lies stick the body of animals, regular doctor visit to dairy farms

4)Water requirement …..

Each animal may require approx 200 ltrs of water daily including cleaning,drinking etc.

If you are taking a loan for purchase of animals from bank, then insurance of animals with insurance operator automatically comes or you can do the insurance of the animal with agency6)

Could you have any model project, If you have can you please send me

Model dairy at Kanpur (Model Dairy Literacy Campaign) may be able to guide you on this. My replies are based on factual experience I gained when I started with dairy during 1999. It is experienced that you have to be round the corner at dairy for any eventuality like animal giving birth, feeding, watching and cleaning and cannot be left at the mercy of servants.

7)I have two alternative plans: i) Start total 10 cows or ii) Start 6 Buffalos and 4 cows like that, please tell me which one is the best.

First please do the survey about the requirement of milk in the locality and then decide yourself. Also, any byeproduct like ghee, curd, paneer etc you want to come out with needs to be understood before establishing dairy.

8)One more plan also there in my mind, i.e.., after two years alternatively start a Goat Forming business also, is it ok? Or any suggestion on this …………

Where is the fodder for goats? What is the consumption of meat in the area? Who will purchase etc needs to be understood.

9)Actually how much land is required, I am planning to buy 4 acres of land, I know this is not sufficient but I don’t have enough money(in this land good water facility is there that is one of the reason I have committed this land) in future I am sure I will extended this……

Four acres will be sufficient for you provided you plan meticulously about fodder, storage, servants, doctor, medicine etc.

Best of Luck.

Kamal Prasad.

Last edited by a moderator:

lpmndri123

Hello,

This is bheemaiah from Andhra Pradesh; I am also interesting to start a dairy farm……. I was completed MBA in Finance, at present I am working in BPO company

Dairy farm is my dream project I am very much interested to start a dairy farm in my native place I need a some guidelines to you can you please help on this…..

Need a clarification:

1)How much land required to start a dairy farm (initial I am planning to stat up in to 10 cows like that gradually increasing up to the volume of 50)
4)Water requirement …..
6)Could you have any model project, If you have can you please send me

I am eagerly waiting for your replay………….

Thanks and Regards,
Bheemaiah.
It is better for you to undergo short term training.Pl. contact

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

maruthidairy

dear sir,

we are having 100 cow strength and looking for the cheap and good fodder alternative sources..can u communicate to us for the same at earliest to us

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.