Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy farm

Register

Click Here!

Y

yenigalla

Hello,

I am interested in setting up a dairy farm with 50 to 100 animals near Tirupati also to process the milk. I have 20 acres of land with good source of water.

I am looking for some guidance in selecting cows/Buffaloes, approximate project cost or even if somebody has a project report will be helpfull.

Regards

Y.Saikiran

chethanmailbox

hello sir

I am chethan here,
I am looking to set up a diary in karnataka.
You can share any info if you find important to share.
Thank you

Ashwini

Hi

Initially to start with 50 to 100 animals is too much a number, have you visited a nearby farm to get some practical exposure..you can visit the agriculture college in tirupati, veterinary or dairy science department for details regarding training.You can club dairy along with fodder cultivation in 20 acres of land

Regards
Ashwini

karna

Hello,

I am interested in setting up a dairy farm with 50 to 100 animals near Tirupati also to process the milk. I have 20 acres of land with good source of water.

I am looking for some guidance in selecting cows/Buffaloes, approximate project cost or even if somebody has a project report will be helpfull.

Regards

Y.Saikiran
Hai Saikiran,

Good to tell u that u must have people to look after these animals.do u want to start dairy farm ? or what ?be clear what u want to do?

Regards,
Karna.

rajareddy003

HI,

I want to visit any dairy farm near bangalore or south Andhra Pradesh. Please let me know if any dairy farm address/phone number you know.

I will be very thankful to you if any one can share any information abt dairy farm with me (documents as well) . you can mail me.

regards
Raja

Last edited by a moderator:

organic farmer

Dairy farming

Please let me know what is the time you can spend in your business and your marketing area.

deepakmenon82

my contact details

Dear Sai,

You can contact me on my email address given above for details regarding dairy farming. if you have passion in Dairy farming then you will be successful in this business, and it is not a easy business to do but hard work and proper marketing and planning will make you successful in this business.20 acres is perfect to start dairy farm of 100 cows . like other friends have told in this post you must visit few farms to get knowledge regarding dairy farming , it will be great help for to plan to come up with your farm.

Regards
Deepak Menon

Hello,

Regards

Y.Saikiran

jesh2623

Hi Sai,

You really need to see some good running farms and know the daily practices and the problems you face with. There are many dairy farms at sri kalahasti you can visit them and know things clearly. Try to get some practical exposure as Mr Ashwin has suggested

And dont pay for sharing information, advices or for practical exposure so meet good people.

Initially you wont need 50 or 100 cattle, go for 20 nos see the maintaince and then increase the number in regular intervals so has to maintain the production. If you buy 100 animals at a time then all will go into dry period at a time more or less. Then you will fall short of milk.

To setup a dairy farm you need to have own land and money to invest and reinvest if you have them make yourself tought to face it. This business is very tough and hectic.
So you have 20 acres of land then you can save a lot on feeding expenses this is a worthful.

Anyways Good Luck for you future business

Jeshwanth
www@naturaldairyfarm@com

Last edited:

emailtodkarthik

Hello,

Regards

Y.Saikiran
Dear Sir,

I am very happy to see your interest in diary farming.i have project and plans.i ll give project cost below approximately.if you have any clarification you can sent clarification on this.

every batch contain 20 cattles for streamline income through out year.

each cattle price(holstien fursian/jersy):
holstien:35000*x12
jersy:30000*x8
shed:2.5 lacs
vehicle:tata ace*
milking machine:60000
cutting chappers:30000
other facilty like water/feeding:100000
feeder:25000

the above given quote is been calculated by us practically.if you need to exceed the cattles just multiply it.you can call me rgarding .if you have 35 cattle the approximate income for month is around is 135000.your expenses will 50000.your net profit is 85000 per month

prateekvaish

Dear Sir,

The approximate project cost shall be around one crore for 100 animal. The expected ROI is 25% per annum. The pay back period of the project shall be 5 years. We at Model Dairy Consulting Services provide our clients complete end to end solutions in dairy farming. Our services start right with the conception of idea of an ideal dairy farm fully customized according to the local environment and client needs. We are the only dairy consultants in India which actually own and operate a 250+ cattle breeding Farm with Indian born Pure HF (F6/F7 i.e.92%+ exotic blood level). Our consulting services focus on efficiency as well as efficacy. We assure not only timely completion of project but also on optimum utilization of resources. Our Consultancy Services Include all aspects of dairy farm operations some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Project report preparation (50 lakhs to 10 crores)
2. Developing Standard farm operating procedure and annual business plan
3. Farm layout
4. Manpower planning and solutions
5. Tailor – made Training sessions
6. Sourcing of Livestock
7. Fodder management
8. Computation of feed.
9. Farm mechanization
10. Optimization of operating costs and efficiency ratios
11. Designing of most economical, comfortable and secure cow sheds and other required spaces.
12. Assistance in marketing of livestock after 2 years (even complete buy back arrangement can be worked out for pregnant heifers.)
Salient features of our A-Z Dairy Consulting Services :-
Technical knowhow matched with 30 years of practical experience of owning and running a dairy farm.
Focus on maximizing productive investment and minimizing investment on non productive items.
Selection of plant, machinery and equipments to be need based and not based on whims and fancies.
Alternate designs offered in most fixed investment so as to minimize it.
Guaranteed savings of 15 to 25 % in your project cost.
Guaranteed lucrative returns on investment.
Most economical and rational service charges.
For Trade inquiries or more information kindly visit or contact at:
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com
visit us on web : www.modeldairyfarm.com

psjfarm

Dear Sir,

Pls give me the break -up on cost for 25cows, as you have mentioned below, assuming the same breed HF/Jersey. As I intend to do in two batches of 25each. Also pls adv what area of fodder grass should be grown for this purpose. Please contact..

Thanks,
psjfarm

Dear Sir,

I am very happy to see your interest in diary farming.i have project and plans.i ll give project cost below approximately.if you have any clarification you can sent clarification on this.

the above given quote is been calculated by us practically.if you need to exceed the cattles just multiply it.you can call me rgarding .if you have 35 cattle the approximate income for month is around is 135000.your expenses will 50000.your net profit is 85000 per month

psjfarm

Dear Sir,

I have seen the brief calculation that you have given below, is it that simple? Pls let me know your contact number or email id to get more details from you. I am interested to start a dairy farm of 50 nos cows. Please contact...

Dear Sir,

dairyfarming

hi deepak,
nagaraj here, i`ve 20cattles with me, but m unable to see a good profit, can u pls tel me a proper mixture which makes me to be in profit. before that i want to know some thing, i.e, i heard of a thing like preparing the feed with some hygenic materials which are the waste of oats, busa, sodium bicarbonate and many such other materials, can u tel me what are that...

dr_vivekpatil

Try out for a Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs
Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

deepakmenon82

my contact details

hi deepak,
nagaraj here, i`ve 20cattles with me, but m unable to see a good profit, can u pls tel me a proper mixture which makes me to be in profit. before that i want to know some thing, i.e, i heard of a thing like preparing the feed with some hygenic materials which are the waste of oats, busa, sodium bicarbonate and many such other materials, can u tel me what are that...
dear nagaraj,
you must have cows which gives 20 ltr per day , if you practice good feeding with lot of protein, fibre you can get good milk from the cow, try out azoola ,silage, then cultivate Alfalfa, IT IS VERY GOOD FOR HIGH YIELDING COWS.CONTACT NEAR BY VET(DOCTOR) FOR MORE INFORMATION.PROPER MANAGEMENT WILL GET YOU MORE PROFIT.

ananjay

Dear Sir,
I saw your practical calculation and i'm happy about the workings.Does the 50000 include all the expenses?
May i have your contact no. so as to speak to you regarding dairy farming.

herbinder

modern dairy farming

Please mind modern dairy farming involves clean milk production. U profit from dairy farming with good proper feeding and better management. Note my e-mail for contact.

madhuriitd

Herd for sale

Hi,

We have a dairy farm in Jaipur which we have been running profitably(approx. 25% annual) for the past 2 years. Our milk is being supplied to one of the top sweets shops in Jaipur. We are planning to wind up this business as we are developing a resort here.

The farm has excellent herd which has been procured from the best of the villages of Punjab and Haryana. There are a total of 60 cows(HF cross, sahiwals and Jersey) and 5 murrah buffaloes. The pictures can be seen
The assets of Jakon dairy on sale includes:

1) Herd - 23 lakhs
2) Tools and machinery: 1 lakh

The above prices are ex-farm and are valid for the next 15 days. All transportation charges will be extra. This could be a valuable opportunity for someone who is looking for starting/expanding a farm. Serious people are welcome for farm visits and a subsequent deal closure. Even if your shed is not ready, we can still go ahead as we can take care of the animals in the interim period of 2-3 months before shifting.

Hopefully we would be able to add value to your project.

Regards,
Madhur Singhal
Please contact..