Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Dairy Farm and Organic agriculture info in Tamilnadu

Register

Click Here!

vinaya83

I am planning to start Dairy Farm with 250 COWs and Organic cultivation in Tamilnadu in Madurai or Sivaganga area. Please guide me with below details to do my next step.

Give me a brief information about Oragnic agiculture and Dairy farm.

1) Who is our major market?
2) What is the primary marketing technique, and why did you select it?
3) who are my major competitors and what is our competitive edge?
4) Project cost with 250 Cows.
5) Market strength / best buyer daily basis.
6) Best cow available with 30 to 35 ltr milk / day from each cow.
7) Milking period of cows.
8) Land requirement for present 250 and feature around 1000 cows (keeping in mind maximum feeds will grow from own farm land).
9) Is it really profitable business?

looking for Project report:eek:rganic agriculture

prateekvaish

Dear Sir,

Greetings ! It gives us immense pleasure in introducing ourselves as the largest dairy farm consulting group in India. We are in this trade since 1979. We at Model Dairy Consulting Services provide our clients complete end to end solutions in dairy farming. Our services start right with the conception of idea of an ideal dairy farm fully customized according to the local environment and client needs. We are the only dairy consultants in India which actually own and operate a 300 cow cattle breeding Farm with HF, Jersey and crossbreed cows. Our consulting services focus on efficiency as well as efficacy. We assure not only timely completion of project but also on optimum utilization of resources. Our Consultancy Services Include all aspects of dairy farm operations some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Project report preparation (50 lakhs to 10 crores)
2. Developing Standard farm operating procedure and annual business plan
3. Farm layout
4. Manpower planning and solutions
5. Tailor – made Training sessions
6. Sourcing of Livestock
7. Fodder management
8. Computation of feed.
9. Farm mechanization
10. Optimization of operating costs and efficiency ratios
11. Designing of most economical, comfortable and secure cow sheds and other required spaces.
12. Assistance in marketing of livestock after 2 years (even complete buy back arrangement can be worked out for pregnant heifers.)
Salient features of our A-Z Dairy Consulting Services :-
Technical knowhow matched with 30 years of practical experience of owning and running a dairy farm.
Focus on maximizing productive investment and minimizing investment on non productive items.
Selection of plant, machinery and equipments to be need based and not based on whims and fancies.
Alternate designs offered in most fixed investment so as to minimize it.
Guaranteed savings of 15 to 25 % in your project cost.
Guaranteed lucrative returns on investment.
Most economical and rational service charges.

Please find below answers for your queries:-

1. Major market should be creamy layer of society i.e. niche market. The milk and other organic products should be promoted as the most healthy food material available in the town. People with high disposable income, affluent and educated families who care for their and their children's health is our target group. People who wish to purchase healthy food and who are lifestyle conscious will definitely like to consume natural milk which is free from hormones, toxins, antibiotics and has lowest bacterial count.
2. a 250 cow farm will produce roughly 3500 liters of milk per day (mean production in a year). Marketing technique will depend on number of posh areas in the town and their distance from each other. In case the posh area has high - rise multy story apartments then direct distribution is the best option. In case posh area has lot of bungalows/ villas in large area and number of posh ares are too many then channel sale through high-end local retailer is best. In case, majority of affluent class people live in single locality then a company owned retail store is best with pre-paid cash card system. In case if real estate cost is either very high in such an area or good store location is not available then a mobile milk vending van or an automatic milk vending machine at the best kiryana shop could be worked out.
3. Organic milk has no competition as a product. But creation of awareness is a task which must be carried out on a regular basis. People should be encouraged to watch real time farm activity through IP camera at the point of sale so that they can visualize clean milk production from healthy and disease free cows. [/U]Grass to Glass[/B] concept is going to be a competitive edge.
4. Project cost for a fully automated , system driven 250 cow unit is around five crores.
5.Can be discussed over phone.
6.Holstein Friesian / CBHF
7.300 days
8.40 acres for 250cows and 120 acres for 1000 cattle.
9. We are running a dairy farm of 300 cows since 1979. I believe this answers your question.

Thanks and regards,
Prateek Vaish
Vice President Operations
Model Dairy Farm, Naramau, G.T.Road, Kanpur-209217
Phones : 09936286478
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com

thampuran

Hello sir, Greetings, First of all I would like to welcome you to the world of givers, I believes that farmers are the people who always like to give things. I don't know weather this piece which I'm going to give you as an advice is appropriate, please pardon if you think it is. Please don't take this as an actual business where you want to reap immense profit. As i called you in the beginning, I believe that this is the community of givers. Means treat the society as your family. Because the day we start thinking them as our money, we start thinking for the ways to increase our profit. I am a new admission in this group and the community. So have only some ideas, not actual practical knowledge. Use maximum green and natural fodder, avoid supplements and chemicals even in medicines, we have our own medicines which we used before these things came into scene. Try to add more native variety of cows and other animals or plants which you are planning to have. I heard that installing music devices or facility to play music for cows at least two times a day will increase the health and milk. try to give cows a freedom to eat what they want, like leave them in a ground or such. that too will have enough difference.
I think I said something which is there in my mind, I'm welcoming your comments and feedback.