Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

dairy+agriculture

Register

Click Here!

amit5954

i m a engineering student and i have 13 acre land
i want to start dairy business
will you please tell me which buffalo is good for this and also tell me about the procedure to get loan,subcd,insurence related to buffaloes

kirti s

Dairy

Dairy farms are one of the more expensive businesses to operate and start. You need to have some elaborate equipment in order to pull the business off properly. Some of the more important dairy farm equipment includes:

* Tractor
* Hay baler
Responsible for producing bale that is then fed to the cows. Each round bale produced by this machine is enough to feed 25 cows a day.
* Combine
The machine used to harvest crops for feeding to the cows, or for selling off. If you plan to grow your own cow feeds, you would need this definitely.
* Milking equipment
This will help make your life easier. Having automated milking equipment in your dairy farm will help cut the time required for you to produce milk from your cows, rather than doing it by hand.
There are many breeds,but we dont know which area of India do you belong to so cant elebrote.

prash9899

about equipments..

Sir,

Could you please let me know what would be the cost of equipments mentioned by you.

Myself from Karnataka what breed of cows do you suggest me to invest and
any idea can we get loans for the same.

It will be of great help if you revert with your feed back as i am planning to grow natural feed for cows to cut dowm expenses of purchasing feeds.

Regards...

Prashanth

ag_aman2004

Dairy farms are one of the more expensive businesses to operate and start. You need to have some elaborate equipment in order to pull the business off properly. Some of the more important dairy farm equipment includes:

* Tractor
* Hay baler
Responsible for producing bale that is then fed to the cows. Each round bale produced by this machine is enough to feed 25 cows a day.
* Combine
The machine used to harvest crops for feeding to the cows, or for selling off. If you plan to grow your own cow feeds, you would need this definitely.
* Milking equipment
This will help make your life easier. Having automated milking equipment in your dairy farm will help cut the time required for you to produce milk from your cows, rather than doing it by hand.
There are many breeds,but we dont know which area of India do you belong to so cant elebrote.
--------------------------
Hi Kirti,

What is the need of Hay baler at the begining stage?
What about the cost of it? Can you give me an approx. idea?

Thanks
Amanullah Ag

josephcheriyan

success of a dairy farm

can I get some information about the success of dairy farm when prices per liter of milk yields rs.17-19, where as One Kg.Food costs Rs.18-20.

I am also interested in setting up a dairy farm. From the info that i have been reading for the past few days. I believe that Jersey / HF cows and murrah / jaffarabadi buffaloes will be good. But it would be good idea to know if they can be reared in your place.