Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Cow Based Agriculture

Register

Click Here!

vsudhin

Cow and Agriculture

Cow is not only for Milk, Milk is a by-product of Cow; the main product of cow is Cow dung and Cow Urine. Milk was just an additional benefit from cow. Still 40 – 50 years back Cow was a family member in every house, each house will have a cow shed and huge straw kept aside of the house for cows. Milk, Curd, butter milk, Ghee and other cow products were just lying in every house and buying milk, curd, ghee was not purchased; it is produced in every house to take care of their requirement. Today for the last three or four decades this is missing and it cannot be seen even in villages. What Happened?

Whether White revolution is the reason?

In my younger age I have seen people directly catching the cow urine and consuming the same as auspicious. Today there are various articles stating the cow urine is a medicine. Even there is patent registered stating that Cow Urine cures Cancer. Today people are not finding foul smell in cow urine.

I have seen people taking cow dung from the road to their house in my younger age. Anyone finds cow dung, immediately they take the same in their hand and save it in their house. This are all stories about 30 to 40 years back. Today people find foul smell in cow dung, ladies are not ready to touch cow dung. In the month of December (Margazhi in Tamil and Dhanur in Sanskrit) we use to walk in the road to find who have drawn the best rangoli. Young girls use to spend so much time to draw rangoli in front of their house and the basic requirement for drawing in the road is the cow dung mixed with the water. It will be sprayed and rangoli will be drawn on the above. Morning around 4AM we can see girls putting so much effect to draw the Rangoli. In the middle of the Rangoli they will keep the cow dung and insert pumpkin flowers in that. All this are gone and it creates a nostalgic.

Before 50 years we were not using any chemical fertilizers and pesticides for our agriculture. Today we can’t dream of a situation where agriculture without chemical fertilizers and pesticides. In the sowing season it is regular news that farmers agitate for non availability of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides. What was the scenario before introduction of chemical fertilizers and pesticides in the market? Farmers were having their own fertilizers, pesticides and traditional seeds. Farmers were having their own input for their entire requirement. They had, Ox to work, traditional seeds to sow, cow for their fertilizers and pesticides requirement. Now they are dependent on others and without their supply they are in problem.

What made these changes? We started using cow only for Milk and started converting our Indian Cows to Foreign Cows. Love life is for everyone, but for Cows we will only use injection and there is no natural mating for cows. We injected foreign breed semen’s to our Indian Breed, we converted the cow to a foreign breed for milk. We got more milk and lost more than that in agriculture. Instead of keeping our seeds we started believing of hybrid seeds, and every time we were made to seek their supply.

Milk is an important income no doubt. We could have injected our Indian breed semen’s to our cow. For example, Gir, Sahiwal, Tharparker, Red Sindhi and Sindhi gives more milk then the foreign breeds. Instead our retaining the Indian Breeds, we converted them into foreign breeds.

We got milk, and we lost agriculture.

Indian breeds of cows are not just cows; they accept the local condition and help the farmers in their occupation. They are a part of the agriculture. For example, Umbalacherry is one breed grown in Thanjavur District. This cow gives half or one litre milk a day. Our forefathers were having this breeds for so many years, what is so great in that breed which not even gives one litre of milk a day. In Thanjavur Area the soil is very lose and once water get mixed with that it will be in clay form. Normally the leg will get stuck in the mud and it will be difficult to take the leg back. Compare to human being the ox are more weight and it will be difficult for them to work in that kind of soil. Umbalacherry breeds specialty is that the ox can work in that soil and their leg will not get stuck in that. It can work for more than ten hours. For this Umbalacherry breed is developed in that area.

In those day, when a cow delivers a calf people will give sweets in case it is a male calf. Today in case a male calf is delivered no one knows what to do with that and they retain the same for some time and it is sent to slaughter house. The male calf of foreign breed cannot be used for work and it is totally unusable for agriculture. Whereas an Indian breed ox supports the farmers in his farming activity.

I as a farmer I am growing paddy, banana, coconut and pulses. We use only traditional seeds and we are not using hybrid seeds. We use only natural fertilizers made of cow dung and urine. The cost of maintenance of the cows and ox is very cheap compared to the cost of fertilizers and pesticides. We prepare own fertilizers and pesticides.

We request the farmers to go for natural farming and use only traditional seeds. For paddy we are using seeraga sambha and for banana we are growing peyan varieties.

• Mappillai Samba, Manakathai, Varalan, Karunguruvai, Seeraga Samba, Kundri Manisamba, Nalla Manisamba, Kullakaar, Poovan Samba, Kudavazhai, Kalarpaalai, Neelasamba, Kadaikazhuthan, Velchi, Norungan, Varappu Kudainchan, Mattaikkar, Thidakkal, Sadakar, Sempalai, Sigappu kuzhiyadichan, Kallundai, Kuruvai Kalanchiyam, Chithiraikkar, Pattaraikkar, Periyavari, Kudaivazhai, Sivappu kuruvikar, Kattukuthalam, Karuppu nel, Kollikkar, Ondrarai samba, Ariyan nel, Kouni nel, Puzhuthiikar, Sooran Kuruvai, Vellaikkariyan, Koomvalai, Sandikar, Thinni, Maranel, Thooyamallee, Kitchili samba, Seeraga samba, Perungar, Mathimuni, Jil Jil Vaigunda, Kappakkar, Vaigunda, Pisini, Pattar pisin, Puzhuthi samba, Vadan samba, Kurangu samba, Kudhiraival samba, Kappa samba, Kallimadaiyan, Thangam samba, Samba, Kaliyan samba, Chengalpattu sirumani, Karunguruvai, Selam samba, Vellai chithiraikkar, Karuthakkar, Kandasel / Kandasali, Rasagadam, Kattu samba, Konakkuruvai, Kuzhiyadichan, Sornavali, Vellaikkuruvai, Kallurundaiyan, Sornavari, Kar samba, Mahate, Jirkudai, Kadaikazhuthan, Samba mosanam, Sempalai, Karthigai samba, Puzhuthikal, Kuruvaikalayan, Lakshmi kajal, Mattaikkuruvai, Arubatham samba, Sanna samba, Veethivadangan, Chithiraikar, Pitchavari, Muttakkar, Aruvadhan kodai, Sembilipanni, Vellaikkuruvai (Sobanapuram - Thuraiyur), Katta samba, Vangu vellai, Cochin samba, Kollan samba, Valla arakkan, Navara, Vasaramundan, Veer adangan, Gandakesala, Chennel, Chomala, Njavara, Veliyan, Sigappu Jermany, Ottadai, Kuruvai, Kattu vaniyam, Katta samba, Kunthali, Kattanur Nel, Vellai Poonkar, Murugangar nel, Oazhava Katrazhai, Sureka, Pathrakali, Kamban samba, Sivappu chithiraikar, Mattai 110, Vellai nel, Rongalachi dhan, Chot dhan, Jogarnath dhan, Ninni dhan, Amsipiti dhan, Bhatta dhan, Biagunda dhan, Lendhi dhan, Oldisaur dhan, Bod dhan, Eravapandi (PTB-18), Kalarpalai, Mottakur, Poongar, Kaividhai samba, Aravan Kuruva, Soolaikuruvai

For Desi Cow based Fertilizer (Panchagavya) and Pesticide (Agnihastra) please contact us. We will delivering the product by courier to your address .

V Sudhindranath, Advocate Bangalore
Mobile +91 99450 66699
vsudhin@yahoo.com
LTA Trading Private Limited
No. 51/7/1, Chitrakoot, Ratna Avenue, Richmond Road,
Bangalore 560 025.
Please visit pasuthai.com

gowda

Sudhindranath

Thanks for the information, Do you any place where i can procure Gir, Sahiwal, Tharparker, Red Sindhi and Sindhi cows or heifers.

Thanks
Gowda

bondprasad

Dear Sudhindranath,
You have given us great information which is really appreciated.
The above information from you makes me very interested to see your land and the way your are dealing organically.
Please let me know where your land and suitable date and time to visit.

Regards
Prasad

vsudhin

visit to our land

Dear Sudhindranath,
You have given us great information which is really appreciated.
The above information from you makes me very interested to see your land and the way your are dealing organically.
Please let me know where your land and suitable date and time to visit.

Regards
Prasad
Dear sir,

our land is located in Thanjavur District Tamil Nadu and the gosala is located in Bangalore. Any day comfortable to you is ok for us.

the photos and videos of our land can be seen in the website pasithai.com. My email is vsudhin@yahoo.com.

regards

Sudhir

vsudhin

Dear Sir

Please visit our website pasuthai.com for further details, certificates etc.,

Regards

V Sudhindranath
Advocate
LTA Trading Private Limited
No. 18/7, Chitrakoot, Kumaracot Layout,
High Grounds, Bangalore 560 001.
Ph: +91 99450 66699
Email: vsudhin@yahoo.com
Web site: pasuthai.com