Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Cottonseed Cake and Dairy farming

Register

Click Here!

cdrdrm

Hi,
Will be grateful,if any body could guide me regarding cottonseed cake as a feed component for dairy animals.I have a small dairy at Yelahanka,Bangalore and would be interested to know about availability of the cake in Bangalore and its present cost/kg and how it can be used along with KMF feed to maintain a decent milk yield.Thanks and regards.Commander Rao.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Cottonseed cake is an excellent protein supplement for ruminants, but its use in monogastric rations is restricted due to the presence of gossypol. In normal concentrations, gossypol has no toxic effect on cattle, but it has been shown that liveweight gain in beef cattle is reduced when the gossypol content is high. In Sub-Saharan Africa, cottonseed cake has been used extensively in ruminant feeding.

YOu can try for the cakes at various feed stores. A lot of it is available in gujarat, rajkot.

Regards
Ashwini

Regards
Ashwini

ayush1ravi

Hi Commander Rao,

Nice to hear that, you are into dairy farming. As we are also into dairy farming since last 2 yrs and would be interested to visit your farm for mutual benefits.

pl tell us a convenient time for meeting at your farm.. Give us your Farm location address to the below email.

Thanks & Regards,

RAVISHANKAR.M
OM DAIRY & LIVESTOCK FARM,
BIDADI, RAMANAGAR DIST.
email : omdairylivestockfarm@gmail.com

niksnarayana

Cottonseed cake (CSC) is good for cows as it has at least 30% Crude Protein. This needs to be verified by getting sample tested as there are many ways to extract oil from cotton seed. Each extraction method results in cakes with different Crude Protein. Also the cost should be around Rs. 15/kg, it is available in Tamil Nadu, Erode etc. where there are many factories producing cotton seed oil. Its better to buy from factory as you get is at much cheaper rates.
I suggest one more thing, you should look at soya meal as a source of protein, its the cheapest compared to the amount of protein it supplies. I think it is readily available in Bangalore and cost is around Rs. 20/kg. Protein supplied is at least 45% as compared to 30% in CSC.

Good luck.
Nikhil

lenity

Dear,

cotton seed cake is high in protein, it also helps in increased milk production, one kg per day (should be soaked overnight in water) and canbe fed to cow, CSK is avilable at the rate of Rs. 24 to 25 per kg, we are placing bulk order and getting it from North India.

Thomas P. Thomas
General Manager
Green land farms
Kerala

rklaljn

Hi
This is Ravindra i do supply Cattle, Fish and poultry feed (maize meal with protein) from Andhra pl contact for further details

Ravindra J

my farm

for lowest rate HYDROPONIC FODDER system for cattle and goat farming, as well as for rain gun, please do contact pankaj mali shirdi maharashtra 09011049301