Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

controlled atmosphere cold store

Register

Click Here!

vadhooth

We are planning for a 1000 MT CA cold storage for vegetables/fruits in Krishnagiri Tamilnadu.

Does anybody have observation/suggestion on viability of CA cold storage in India that to in Tamilnadu. Also anybody has any data on cost of the project and demand for such cold storage.

Is there any consultant who can do the feasibilty/viability report. Also one of the consultant said that 40% subsidy is given for cold storage projects. Is it true?

Your valuable points are appreciated.
Thanks.
VSV

Ashwini

Hi

You can contact CFtri for details on project and cost. It is viable to start cold storage for vegetables and fruits

Regards
Ashwini

nairjkv

Make sure the area is available with fruits and veggies excess after the market requirement.

Get a good location with a good elevation.

Cost will depend upon the material used and blower inside.

Contact Rinac, blue star etc for quote.

make sure u r getting the right stuff...bcos once it is installed it is a costly affair to alter it.

The most importent part is to ensure you have jenuine buyers for the material u r storing.

Try to get tie up with metro cash n carry blore-2 stores
Big bazaars
spar retail
etc...and if you have proper packaging system think about exporting the same.

good luck
jay

Last edited by a moderator:

manojsinghchandel

hi

hi

Adani Fresh (Company of Adani Exports Group) has set up CA storages for apples in Himachal in three different areas with a investment of more than 162 crores rs. It's near Shimla area.
Another organization, CONCOR i.e. container corporation of India has set up small scale CA storage in Tughlakabad near Delhi.

You can gather more details from these organizations.

Regds

veeemdee

Dear Vadhooth ,

Very glad to know that you are interested in putting up a cold storage for fruits and vegetables.The area you have chosen is a very good horticulture and agri belt.Who ever told you that there is a 40% subsidy is absolutely correct.
If you can mail me your email id and ph no we can discuss and introduce to the consultant who did design and detailed engg to Adhani's 6000X 3 COntrolled atmospheric cold storages in shimla.Since vegetables like carrots cabbage and mango etc require C A technology I can send you an estimate etc once you give me information about your exact location and financial capacity to invest etc.
Wishing you all the best.
MURALIDHARAN.V.

Last edited by a moderator:

singhjai

hi

Hello MR.MURALIDHARAN.V. can i get your phone no. and email id...i want to discuss something regarding controlled atmoshpere (C.A).
thanks & regards
jai

veeemdee

Cold storage. C.a.

Dear Mr.Jai,
You are most welcome to contact me over phone .My Mob no :9445094041
Our email id : thermchem@gmail.com.

We will be glad to share any information regarding C.A. Cold storage. If you happen to be in Chennai we can meet in person also .

Regards ,

Muralidharan.V.