Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

commercial sheep fattening in karnataka -- the reality

Register

Click Here!

aamir956

is anyone doing commercial sheep fattening in karnataka??

I'm doing the same and i'm based out in Chintamani.
Lets share our experiences.

based on my experience making 150-250 of profit per animal is a challenging job in the regular market(non-festival season).
There's a good market during Bakrid and Dasara times. but you cannot sell large numbers(commercial scale) during those times.
So ultimately butcher is your regular buyer and the amount you get is non motivating.

If someone is making good profit pls share the economics.

aamir956

nobody is into fattening of sheeps or none is facing these issues??

kindly share the issues faced, let's share the issues and collectively look for solutions.

smy82482

Fattening of sheep's is not a profitable business, breeding of goats is more profitable as compare to breeding and fattening of sheep's.
Goat farm is 10 times more profitable than sheep farm.

Sheep gives birth to 1 kid in a year whereas goat 2-8 kids in a year(in goats Kidding depends on type of breed that you select to breed).

Maturity period of sheep is of 390 days whereas goat matures in 180- 300 days(depends on type of breed).

Goats are highly resistant against diseases as compare to sheep.So mortality of goats is less as compare to sheeps.

Goat meat has very high demand as compare to sheep meat.

Marketing of goats is very easy as compare to sheeps.

Goats requires less fodder as compare to sheeps.

The only plus point with sheeps is that,they produces wool 2-3 times in a year.But just considering the wool profit you cant go with sheeps,just think of above points regarding goats.
In the end the profit obtain by selling goats is much higher than that obtain by selling wool and sheep's.

With regards,

Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert