Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Coleus forskohlii stem cuttings

Register

Click Here!

ponsanthan

Dear Friends now Coleus harvest is going on at varoius places in Tamilnadu, karnataka, Andhrapradesh and Maharashtra. The aerial part is being thrown or dumped in the field by the growers. Only root and basal thick stem are harvested for medicinal use. Interested growers can get the coleus shoots from the fields and plant in your field for nursery use. Because of water shortage several growers unable to maintain nursery of coleus. Those who are having sufficient watering facility from bore well or any other water source can maintain a coleus nursery in 10 cents - 1 acre. You can take Coleus cutting from the nursery in order to plant in the main field for the forth coming season (june - Aug). You can also sell coleus cutting to the growers. About 20000 shoots are required to plant in one acre. Coleus propagation(Multiplication) is through stem cuttings only. No seeds available for it. Try to raise Coleus nursey. Thank you

winmad1

supply of Colieus Forsfholii Root

Can any body supply one Ton per month Coleus Forscholli roots immediately.

ponsanthan

Coleus is a 6 month crop good season is july- Dec. 18000 stem cuttings should be planted in an acre. 45 cm spacing is required, sandy slopy soil is good, water logging should not be there, more organic an inorganic nutrients should be applied. The crop will be affected by nematodes, and fungus. Control measure should be taken once in fifteen days after the shoot established well. Forskohlin content preferred is minimum 0.6 % in the dried root, one can get up to 1.5%. Yield expected is 300 - 500kgdried root/ acre. Basal 10cm long stem with 0.4% forskohlin can also be sold. The root should be cut in to small pieces and dried in sunlight for 7days. Market price is between 200- 300 per kg dried root.

kayel

I can provide consultancy for coleus forskohlii cultivation, planting material and buy back the produce. I can supply any amount of dry coleus roots at best price. K. Lakshmanan 9543925379 herbal2013@gmail.com

sachinrbmi

Coleus is a 6 month crop good season is july- Dec. 18000 stem cuttings should be planted in an acre. 45 cm spacing is required, sandy slopy soil is good, water logging should not be there, more organic an inorganic nutrients should be applied. The crop will be affected by nematodes, and fungus. Control measure should be taken once in fifteen days after the shoot established well. Forskohlin content preferred is minimum 0.6 % in the dried root, one can get up to 1.5%. Yield expected is 300 - 500kgdried root/ acre. Basal 10cm long stem with 0.4% forskohlin can also be sold. The root should be cut in to small pieces and dried in sunlight for 7days. Market price is between 200- 300 per kg dried root.
Sir,

I am a farmer from western uttar pradesh. My Land is situated about 70 kms from UP-Uttaranchal border. This Land is situated in Indo-Gangetic plains and is composed of fertile alluvial soil. Temperatures range from a low of six degrees to a high of 45 degrees. All Crops ranging from sugercane, rice, wheat, mentha are cultivated, mango and guava orchards are plentiful.

I am curious whether coleus can be cultivated on this land successfully. If it can be cultivated then can i get hold of some farmer who is doing Coleus in any part of UP...

I will be grateful if somebody can guide me related to the expected yield of coleus and methods of cultivation.. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sachin Saxena
E-Mail : sachin.rbmi@gmail.com
Ph : 9219045005, 8449812345

sachinrbmi

Sir,

I am a farmer from western uttar pradesh. My Land is situated about 70 kms from UP-Uttaranchal border. This Land is situated in Indo-Gangetic plains and is composed of fertile alluvial soil. Temperatures range from a low of six degrees to a high of 45 degrees. All Crops ranging from sugercane, rice, wheat, mentha are cultivated, mango and guava orchards are plentiful.

I am curious whether coleus can be cultivated on this land successfully. If it can be cultivated then can i get hold of some farmer who is doing Coleus in any part of UP...

I will be grateful if somebody can guide me related to the expected yield of coleus and methods of cultivation.. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sachin Saxena
E-Mail : sachin.rbmi@gmail.com
Ph : 9219045005, 8449812345

Pacific herb

Coleus Forskohlii is Medicinal herb, it’s a bushy growing up to 2 feet. The active ingredient is Forskolin which is extracted by solvent extraction and exported to Japan, Germany, USA and Russia for drug formulation.
This crop need irrigation and can be sown from July to March. Generally its dry roots are marketed but its wet root also can be marketed, we have buyers for wet roots also. Sandy loamy soil is good for this crop but it can be taken on other soil with little amendment and proper management.
Brief information of this crop.
1. Soil – Light or Medium (Sandy Loamy) and drained soil.
2. Climate- Moderate, Maharashtra climate is suitable
3. Sowing – From July to March
4. Crop duration- 6 to 7 Month.
5. Seed/ Planting material- 22 to 25 thousand fresh cuttings per acre.
6. Cost of cultivation – Rs. 12 to 15 thousand/acre.
7. Production/ Yield – 400 to 600 Kg. dry roots/acre.
8. Market rate – Rs. 150 to 250/Kg.
9. Profit- minimum Rs. 40 to 80 thousand/acre.
We provide all concerned services like Seed, crop agronomy and buy back support at different places. We can also take up large Cultivation up to 50 acres and above.