Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Coconut farm setup help

Register

Click Here!

paragdere

Hi all,
I have been thinking of trying my hands with farming, and this is what i plan to do.
buy approx 3 acres of land.
The land will be fenced using plants like bogunwela or cactus.
Plant conconut crops on 2 - 2.5 acres.
On the remaining 0.5 to 1 acre have a big pond excavated which would help ground water harvesting
I undertstand farming needs constant attention which i would not be able to give due to my job, but i plan to keep a caretaker on the farm.
I also understand that for a first few years i would need to keep investing in the farm without any returns, after which the returns will not be huge, but the farm will generate enough money to pay off the caretaker and other misc expenses.
Do you think such a thing will work ?
Also if we are looking @ a pond excavation on half a acre (soil type = typical konkan red soil) how much would it cost me ?
Really looking for guidance from all of you.

Regards,
-PD

Ashwini

Hi

|For the cost you will have to contact the nearest horticulture or agriculture department.

Regards
Ashwini

acclaim

Agriculture

Dear PD

Nice you are thinking of agriculture. Think of Energy plantations that require less water, attention and maintenance and also good returns.
Call me: 9282344465 or write to me on div_ats@yahoo.com for details. Three acres is not a bad beginning, if you have scope to enlarge.
Diva

paragdere

Thanks for the response. You have got me thinking.. Reading a bit on enegry plantations. It would be great if you can explain more for the benifit of the broader audience.

paragdere;179097

Hi all,
I have been thinking of trying my hands with farming, and this is what i plan to do.
On the remaining 0.5 to 1 acre have a big pond excavated which would help ground water harvesting
I undertstand farming needs constant attention which i would not be able to give due to my job, but i plan to keep a caretaker on the farm.
I also understand that for a first few years i would need to keep investing in the farm without any returns, after which the returns will not be huge, but the farm will generate enough money to pay off the caretaker and other misc expenses.
Also if we are looking @ a pond excavation on half a acre (soil type = typical konkan red soil) how much would it cost me ?

Regards,
-PD
Hello Parag - I have done the same thing as you are planning to do and my farm land ( which is somewhat bigger then yours ) is also located in the Konkan belt in Roha Taluka - Village Balhe.
You can reach me anytime and I will be happy to share with you my experiences and give advise.
Zuhair Nabee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turn Key Plantation

Hi all,

Regards,
-PD

We provide consultancy for the turn key plantation. We will also assist you for the supplying of the planting material farm input and the most important one the Buy back. If you are planing to keep caretaker then I have some better idea for you.

Thanks and Regards