Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Casuarina or Eucalyptus

Register

Click Here!

thotauk

Hello all,

I have 7acres land in Nellore dt, AP. Could some one suggest me which plantation is best for me?

The land is 50% sand and 50% black soil with no stones at all. The land is situated just 2kms from the Bay of Bengal. We have plenty ground water available.

I decided to go for less maintenance plantation, however, i need your advise on better plantation. Should i go for Eucolyptus or casuarina ?

Many thanks,
Satish

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello all,

I have 7acres land in Nellore dt, AP. Could some one suggest me which plantation is best for me?

The land is 50% sand and 50% black soil with no stones at all. The land is situated just 2kms from the Bay of Bengal. We have plenty ground water available.

I decided to go for less maintenance plantation, however, i need your advise on better plantation. Should i go for Eucolyptus or casuarina ?

Many thanks,
Satish
Hi Satish,

I suggest you to go for Casuarina as this can be sold in 4-5 years. Please do not go for Ecualyptus as this is known to dry up the water table very fast. For other options and basic understanding of agriculture, you can checkout my blog.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

thotauk

@Padmanabhan & Kirti Many thanks.

Does any one know where whould i get saplings/clones for casuarina. I heard there are clones available with multiple cuttings over 10yrs time. I guess it is called casuarina junghuhniana.