Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

cashew manufacturing business

Register

Click Here!

vinodinnu

i want to start a cashew manufacturing business i want to know the following 1)investment required (2)place required (3)machinery cost (4)workers required (5) goverment subsidy please do the needful

Ashwini

HI

Important cashew growing districts in A.P. are Guntur, Krishna. East and West Godavari, Srikakulam, Vishakhapatnam, Nellore and Prakasam.

CLIMATE

It requires a warm humid climate, with a minimum of 600mm rainfall, but well distributed rainfall is more important. Cashew thrives under a wide range of temperatures from 15 to 40 degrees centigrade. Cashew does not grow well in areas subject to frost and cold waves. It is also drought resistant.

SOILS

It has a high degree of adaptability and can be raised on any soil free from rocky strata or hard pan and water stagnation. The best soils for cashew are deep friable, welldrained sandy loam soils. Hilly slopes up to an elevation of 700 m above mean scale level can also be utilized for cashew cultivation.

Propagation

Cashew is commercially propagated by seed only. Vegetative propagation through air layering, side grafting, veneer grafting and epicotyle grafting is also possible. Planting material should be collected only from trees possessing all the desirable higher percentage of bisexual flowers, good fruit set, medium sized nut and high yielding capacity of 15-25 years old. Collected seed should be sun dried for 2 or 3 days for seed purpose.

After soaking the seed nuts for about 48 hours in water into hasten germination, they may be sown either insitu or in alkathene bags (25 x 15 cm) filled with garden soil mixed with stalk end up in tilted position. Generally 2-3 seeds are dibbled at the permanent site in pits (60cm x 60cm x60cm) depending upon the topography and fertility of the soil. Germination is completed within a month. One month after germination a single healthy and vigorous sedings is retained in the pit while the rest are removed . Seedling raised in alakathene bags, may be transplanted when they are about 2 months old, without causing any disturbance to the root system during monsoon rains.
Generally the plants are raised in square system of layout.

After care

For the first two or three years , regular watering is necessary for the better establishment of the young seedlings. The young seedlings are stalked and protected from scorching sun in summer by providing shade with palmyra leaves and from cattle damage by fencing. The allies are ploughed to suppress weed growth. The basin of young plants may be mulched with dry leaves to conserve moisture in summer and also to suppress the weed growth in the basins.

Intercroping

Cashew gardens are inter cropped during the initial years only. In forest plantations legumes like ground nut or horsegram are raised as inter crops. In other gardens, vegetables, tobacco and chillies nurseries are raised. However, legumes as inter crops are more beneficial to cashew.

Harvesting

Seeding cashew trees normally come to bearing in 3-5 years after 7 th year and by 10 th year yields will be stabilized.

Cashew flowers in January-February in A.P. Harvesting commences from April and ends May-June. The nuts take 45-60 days to mature. Generally, the fallen fruits are gathered from below the tree and the nuts are separated from the apple.

The separated nuts are dried for 2-3 days to bring the moisture content down to 10-12 % and stored in tins or gunny bags.

The tree yields in cashew vary very widely. An ideal cashew tree should give an yield of 20 kg raw nuts per tree per year. However, majority of the trees yield 2 to 3 kg per tree in the existing plantations.

Investment depends on what area you cultivate, mechanisation, labourers you use.

Regards
Ashwini

vinodinnu

i think this site is full of confusion and the contents are not user friendly lot of logging is required i posted two threads as i wanted to know how to begin a cashew nut shelling business i did,not get any replies for three days and on fourth day i got replies but that not regarding my queries the answers to my question were different hence i could not understand anything i am totally confused i think the people in this site are only interested in selling their subscription of 800 hundred dont get offended but i think thats true if u really care for loggers please answer my query to the fullest sir thanking you yours unsatisfied logger

nvasaikar

Cashew

i think this site is full of confusion and the contents are not user friendly lot of logging is required i posted two threads as i wanted to know how to begin a cashew nut shelling business i did,not get any replies for three days and on fourth day i got replies but that not regarding my queries the answers to my question were different hence i could not understand anything i am totally confused i think the people in this site are only interested in selling their subscription of 800 hundred dont get offended but i think thats true if u really care for loggers please answer my query to the fullest sir thanking you yours unsatisfied logger
Dear Vinodinnu

You are right on your view, But i think you are confused with your word. the threads which is reply here you ask manufacturing cashew (which mean first plantation) and the information given on subject is quiet good and informative. where as your response to the information you detail further ( i wanted to know how to begin a cashew nut shelling business) which is some thing different.

Yah you are right at the point that reply in not fullest cover to query. like Govt subsides, area required etc.
I think Area and labor its totally depend on production capacity and govt subsides you can check with any Govt agri department. they are verymuch cooperative to provide you the information.

Sorry with regards,

agryguru

Dear Vinodinnu

You are right on your view, But i think you are confused with your word. the threads which is reply here you ask manufacturing cashew (which mean first plantation) and the information given on subject is quiet good and informative. where as your response to the information you detail further ( i wanted to know how to begin a cashew nut shelling business) which is some thing different.

Yah you are right at the point that reply in not fullest cover to query. like Govt subsides, area required etc.
I think Area and labor its totally depend on production capacity and govt subsides you can check with any Govt agri department. they are verymuch cooperative to provide you the information.

Sorry with regards,
Dear Freind,

Where from you, always respect everybody who want to help you. If you want to set up cashew manufacturing unit thne its need atleast 10000sq ft. for Boiling unit and 12000 to 15000 sq. ft for Baking (bhatti) mechine. Minimum investement to start factory (if you are having your own land) Rs.3/-lakhs to Rs.5/-lakhs for Rs.1000/- kg capacity unit. For more you can contact on following link;

Thanks & Regards
Agry Guru
Mob. No.9869621072

Email Id : rvginternational@yahoo.in
vrgroups@ymail.com
info@vrgrouponline.com

pradeeppailoor

Dear Vinod,
Before starting a unit please check for raw cashew availability in your location.
Since there is a huge scarcity of of raw cashews in India,major players in the industry import raw cashews from Africa and process the same.
You can also opt for contract processing wherein major players will supply raw cashews to you,you have to give back with processed cashew.
In this contract manufacturing you will get Paid for job work done,later on once you get the experience in the market you can start your own production.

bssreddy

first start as contract manufacturing unit, and you will get Paid for job work done. later on once you get the experience in the market you can start your own production.