Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Can one set-up ginger dehydration and powder making unit on agricultural land itself?

Register

Click Here!

kirandhawan23

Hi,

I am planning to buy agricultural land near Pune, Maharashtra. Can someone let me know if it is 'legally' allowed to install a dehydration unit alongside with storage and packaging unit directly on my agricultural land? My plan is to focus on aggregating the produce from local farmers around and then concentrate only on food processing part on my agricultural land. Is this allowed in Maharashtra?

brij07

Hello,

If you are planning for any kind of industry you will have to change the land use legally, but if it is on a small scale then nobody is going to stop you by starting the activities without land-use change. There are many types of subsidies for food processing projects if u don't change the land use then you won't be able to take the benefits of those schemes. Banks will also not provide you loans without land use change. So I suggest you to do the process and change the land use of land from agriculture to industrial. It is a very easy process.

minesh25

Good morning and greeting,
Sir will you provide me address for stevia plant or seed for farming?? I am staying in Gujarat, Ahmedabad.

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

Suppose loan is to be availed fro setting of SSI/MSME unit that part of the land can be get converted for industrial use. The Revenue Divisional Officer will permit you for conversion. After conversion the land value will increase, the same is accepted by the Bank for mortagage ( security for the loan).

intertrade

Hi,

I am planning to buy agricultural land near Pune, Maharashtra. Can someone let me know if it is 'legally' allowed to install a dehydration unit alongside with storage and packaging unit directly on my agricultural land? My plan is to focus on aggregating the produce from local farmers around and then concentrate only on food processing part on my agricultural land. Is this allowed in Maharashtra?

Ginger not grown in Maharashtra!
Processing cost won't favour while you source from 1000 kms away.

Why then!

Dehydrated ginger of good quality is available at our place at cheap price tamilnadu why do you cultivate and dry just buy and powder it see your private message for further assistance

kirandhawan23

Hello,

If you are planning for any kind of industry you will have to change the land use legally, but if it is on a small scale then nobody is going to stop you by starting the activities without land-use change. There are many types of subsidies for food processing projects if u don't change the land use then you won't be able to take the benefits of those schemes. Banks will also not provide you loans without land use change. So I suggest you to do the process and change the land use of land from agriculture to industrial. It is a very easy process.
Thanks a ton for this valuable information Sir!

kirandhawan23

Ginger not grown in Maharashtra!
Processing cost won't favour while you source from 1000 kms away.

Why then!
I know of few companies who are cultivating Ginger in polyhouse in Maharashtra using Israeli tech and making decent profits by exporting the same from Maharashtra. Which Ginger Market are you talking about which is 1000km away from Maharashtra?

kirandhawan23

Dehydrated ginger of good quality is available at our place at cheap price tamilnadu why do you cultivate and dry just buy and powder it see your private message for further assistance
I want to be on manufacturing side and do not intend to become an agent dealing with finished products.

garao56

Wishing you to proceed on for setting up of the unit on agricultural field itself for which there will not be any objection from Government. Farmer generally process their produce in the field itself.

intertrade

I know of few companies who are cultivating Ginger in polyhouse in Maharashtra using Israeli tech and making decent profits by exporting the same from Maharashtra. Which Ginger Market are you talking about which is 1000km away from Maharashtra?

Do some research on areas of ginger production, isralean tech! Cost involved and why most not being exported?