Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Can India’s maize yield be increased to the level America?

Register

Click Here!

akash110011

In India maize yield is little above 2,000 kg/hectare whereas in the USA it is more than 10,000 kg/hectare. Suppose in an Indian field, we apply enough irrigation, use hybrid seeds and use equal quantity of fertilizers & pesticides as the Americans do, will our maize yield reach 10,000 kg/hectare?

madhaviad

Yes, in fact that has been a question asked for a long time, not just for maize but for all crops the average yield in India is much much less than the global standards.
Till date I have not recd a satisfactory answer. As per my experience a major part is played by the seed varieties more than anything else.

ag_aman2004

Hi all,

We can achieve, if the farmer rate increased. People selling their land for plotting purpose. There should be a central govt rule saying that cultivation land should not be plotted and to be penalized. Then there will be achievement in any kind of cultivation.

Thanks
Amanullah AG

madhaviad

yes I agree this is a serious issue and govt needs to take action ASAP else we will not be left with much farming land and will face a serious food security threat.

ag_aman2004

Dear all,

As per the current green relvolutionary status, the agricuture sector will lead the word in 5 years

Reagrds
Amanullah AG

antony_pratap

Who Said we don't do 10,000 kgs Hectare, there are so many in karnataka who have taken such yeild, the seed variety the climate is best there, even near chennai we on a average do about 5-6,000 kgs per hectare.

Regards,
Antony

allauddin

Kindly inform me the seed origin,quality and fertilizer quality and quantity per acre.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: