Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Buying Farm Land in Karnataka.

Register

Click Here!

raghu_veer

Hi. I know that there is a rule in Karnataka which allows only agriculturists to buy land. My grandfather owned farm lands in Karnataka till 1980. Due to financial trouble we sold our land. Is it possible that we buy farm land now? As we are from farming background. also the annual house hold income is more than 2 lakhs which is a criteria for non agriculturists to buy agriculture land.

Buying Agricultural Land in Karnataka

If u r a Kannadiga, u can buy agricultural land in Karnataka. People from other stae are not allowed to buy agrrucultural land (with water facility) in karnataka.

raghu_veer

I am from Karnataka. But the rule in Karnataka states that a non agricultarist cannot buy land. So If my grandfather previously owned land, would that qualify us to buy agriculture land as agricultarists. I plan up taking farming after a few years.

venky t

buying land in karnataka

Dear Raghu,

If your grand father had land during 1980's thats enough you can definitely buy lands in karnataka. There are certain procedure by following which you can buy land . I can definetely get you land. If you seroius about this then please contact me.

Venkat

Last edited by a moderator:

raghu_veer

Thanks for the Info. I will contact you. Would be greatfull if you explain the procedure to be followed in this case.

prasanna kumar

for plantation land no problem

hello raghu,
any person without agriculture background can purchas land wich is mentioned as plantation in RTC. if you want plantation land like coffee in around chikmagalore, sakaleshpur, coorg please contact

Last edited by a moderator:

naranja

Hi Venkat,

My maternal grandfather is a farmer by profession and holds agricultural land in Karnataka. He plans to sell his land, due to old age. My income is > 2Lakhs.
Pls let me know the options I have to get this land from him, either in the form of gift or through sale.

Thanks
Naranja

narasv

Please do not go for sale deed - you cannot since your non-agri income is more than 2 lacs/annum. You can in fact take it as gift or better inheritance - first to your mother and then to you to be on the safer side. If you cannot transfer to your mother for whatever reasons, you can do it directly to your name.

naranja

Hi Narasv

Thanks for your reply. What is the DC permission option we have in Karnataka? Pls let me know if you have any idea about this.

Regards
Naranja

namhar

hello raghu,
any person without agriculture background can purchas land wich is mentioned as plantation in RTC. if you want plantation land like coffee in around chikmagalore, sakaleshpur, coorg please contact
I am seriously looking for about 20 acre land in these area but not more than 5km from the main road with a price range of 2lac/ acre. Thank you.

rsrs_in

I am from Karnataka. But the rule in Karnataka states that a non agricultarist cannot buy land. So If my grandfather previously owned land, would that qualify us to buy agriculture land as agricultarists. I plan up taking farming after a few years.
With due respect to the experts, I will not suggest that you go ahead and buy land if you are not a farmer. What it means is that you should have agri land in your name in the records of the tahsildar in Karnataka.

I have had experience of this and its very painful. So while you can identify the land, you should speak to the Talathi who manages te village where you propose to buy and also the Tahsildar to explain the case and get assurance that this will be transferred in your name. This stupid rule exists in few other states like MH, GJ etc., and it may make sense for you to buy a small piece in TN (where this rule is not present) and use that as farmer basis in addition to what you have.

kumargreen

Did you have purchased agriculture land before. In-case you haven't purchase agriculture land before, we are giving the permission to purchase the agriculture land. contact no.9448990733