Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Buying Agri Land rules for a Non Agricultural Background

Register

Click Here!

sandeepbg

I recently got to know that a Non-Agricultural background person cannot buy a agricultural land in Karnataka.

Is this true?

I also read somewhere that the above said rule has excemption only for Plantation lands. (Which means anyone can buy)

Please correct me if i am wrong.

kiyran

Buying Farmlands in Karnataka

Dear Sandeep,

To buy farmland in Karnataka, you need to fullfil the following criteria:

• Be an valid RTC Holder - Meaning you should have owned farmland anywhere in the country
  • Your total non agricultural income should be less than Rs 2 Lacs per annum

In case you'd like to know more do contact

Last edited:

sandeepbg

But i remember reading somewhere that anyone can buy a Plantation land (Only). Meaning need not have a agricultural background to buy a plantation land viz Coffee estate, tea estate etc.

kiyran

Yes you can buy plantation land i.e. land with a specific tenure or land on which you grow plantation crops. This is also subject to regional constraints, meaning you can buy a coffee/Tea estate in Coorg/Chikmagalur/Nilgiris, however you are still not allowed to buy a piece of land say close to Bangalore on which there is coffee grown.

Do contact us for further details.

sandeepbg

So it means that i can buy a coffee plantation land even though i dont have an agricultural background only in Coorg/Chikmagalur/Nilgiris. Anyways i guess those are the areas where yield on coffee plantation is high. I am not thinking of buying near bangalore. Should we contact Coffee Board in bangalore before buying land?

kiyran

So it means that i can buy a coffee plantation land even though i dont have an agricultural background only in Coorg/Chikmagalur/Nilgiris. Anyways i guess those are the areas where yield on coffee plantation is high. I am not thinking of buying near bangalore. Should we contact Coffee Board in bangalore before buying land?
Dear Sandeep,

We are a real estate firm who specialize in plantations and farmlands. We have excellent properties on offer in Coorg, Chikmagalur and the Nilgiris. We can assist you buy a good property.

Do contact for further details

sandeepbg

Can anyone please tell me how much would an acre of coffee plantation cost in chikmagalur, mudigere or gonibeedu. I am not very particular about connectivity to the town/village.

msunil

Dear Sandeep,

We are a real estate firm who specialize in plantations and farmlands. We have excellent properties on offer in Coorg, Chikmagalur and the Nilgiris. We can assist you buy a good property.

Do contact for further details
Dear Kiyran,
Please advise me your contacts, e mail,address and tel no, need to discuss on coffee property in coorg, if you have coffe property of 8 ac, advise price range and the rules regarding purchase of such lands. you can reach me
thanks,
Sunil

Last edited by a moderator: