Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Buyer Trouble

Register

Click Here!

faizyc6

Hello,
I had a recent conversation with a goat supplier for jamunapari in southern state and me belonging to Nagpur, Maharashtra.
The supplier is asking me to Transfer a amount of 50% on to his account as advance payment, but being a beginner i'm not confident to do so.
What are the points shall i keep in mind before acting with the supplier, like before depositing the amount for the security.
please suggest if anyone can..
Thank you already.

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello,
I had a recent conversation with a goat supplier for jamunapari in southern state and me belonging to Nagpur, Maharashtra.
The supplier is asking me to Transfer a amount of 50% on to his account as advance payment, but being a beginner i'm not confident to do so.
What are the points shall i keep in mind before acting with the supplier, like before depositing the amount for the security.
Thank you already.
Hi faizyc6,

You concern is very valid.

There is a concept known as "Escrow A/c" in banking. You(buyer) need to deposit the cash it in the bank and the seller will get it through the bank after your approval. I have limited knowledge in this but check with your bank and also see whether the seller agrees with this as well.

Note: The bank may charge a fees.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

faizyc6

You have actually given me up with a Good option sir, but the supplier i guess is a little tricky, i have visited his farm and it has a good amount of area, but he does'nt have any goat at his premises or say that he's going to arrange it from some other farm.
Though its correct from his point too what if i don't buy latter, but what i doubt is that the person who's into such huge business can arrange for his own way by keeping a deposit of 1 lacs too cause however it will be my loss, but he's asking for about 60% deposit. so i lose my confidence over him too. and he got me up with a good price of 250 rs per kg.
Thank you sir for your suggestion.

padmanabhan_ganesan

You have actually given me up with a Good option sir, but the supplier i guess is a little tricky, i have visited his farm and it has a good amount of area, but he does'nt have any goat at his premises or say that he's going to arrange it from some other farm.
Though its correct from his point too what if i don't buy latter, but what i doubt is that the person who's into such huge business can arrange for his own way by keeping a deposit of 1 lacs too cause however it will be my loss, but he's asking for about 60% deposit. so i lose my confidence over him too. and he got me up with a good price of 250 rs per kg.
Thank you sir for your suggestion.
Hi faizyc6,

From the fact you have provide, it is better not to go for this buyer. But, if you still insist, let me suggest another option as well.

Buy the minimum amount after considering the transportation costs. Once the delivery happens, buy the next lot and you can continue this model until you are done. The worst case scenario in this case would be a minimum loss which you can take at the most.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

deepakmenon82

hello,

better for you is to approach another goat supplier, there are lot of goat supplier in india . you will get information from this site itself , better go to the farm and buy straight from the supplier not from the broker or trader . lot of cheating happening ,so be careful.if you need any help you can contact me at deepakmenon82@gmail.com

Regards
Deepak

Hello,
Thank you already.