Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Breeding Vs Fattening of Sheep or Goats

Register

Click Here!

chandrusfarm

Dear All,
Can someone help me in detail to understand which one is more profitable, whether breeding or Fattening and how ?( can be either Goat/Sheep) clarify with example or with your experience.

Thank you very much for your time

Last edited:

smy82482

Goat fattening is always profitable as compare to sheep farming,goats especially osmanabadi has very less diseases as compare to sheeps and any other goats,it has lean meat as compare to sheep has high protein contents and less fats.Goat meat has great demand in local markets.

chandrusfarm

Hi smy82482,
Thanks for the reply. I think you have mentioned goat fattening is profitable compare to sheep.
But I would like to know which one is profitable whether breeding or fattening and how ?

Thanks
Shekar

venkat101

Hi Shekar,

What I heard is, fattening is the safe one to start with, if you are new to sheep forming. Breeding needs good expertise in life cycle management of sheep. Breeding have more challenges to deal with than fattening( Like taking good care in pregnency and deseage during pregnency and mortality... etc )So it's better to start with fattening till you get good expertise in handling sheeps...

This is not from my experience... This is the information I gathered from experience people... If you need more details drop a mail to venkat.konda@gmail.com. We can share our experience as I am also planning to start sheep form shortly...

Thanks, Venkat

smy82482

As per profit issue,breeding is more profitable than fattening,but it requires experience and well management.Yes venkat101 is absolutely correct,breeding requires expertise and have to take all necessary precautions till birth of kids and even after birth.A farmer(worker) having one to two goats previously in his/her house can easily take care of breeding goats,if he/she is honest.You can insure the breeding goats to avoid any loss.
For more information visit my thread-Goat Farm Solutions.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert
Hi smy82482,
Thanks for the reply. I think you have mentioned goat fattening is profitable compare to sheep.
But I would like to know which one is profitable whether breeding or fattening and how ?

Thanks
Shekar

Last edited:

jagannadhareddy

Hedge lucerne grass is suitable to goats and sheep in weight gain.contact me for seeds of hedge lucerne and procedure for plantation.contact:7674044178