Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Bore Water information and Help

Register

Click Here!

svelu76

I have put a Bore in Palakkodu Town of Dharmapuri Dist. The Depth is 740 Feet and the water level achieved is 1.5 inch.

I do not know what is this 1.5 inch and how much water will i get. I have 3 Acre land. Is the water Achieved suffiecient and if not what type of bore pump should i use, What items should be fit in the borewell. Please send me the details.

Please suggest at the earliest

aromedindia

Borewell

One and half inch discharge is sufficient for 3 acres. The measurement one half inch is like that if tube well is run it will supply water that will pass through one and half inch dia pipe full to its capacity. The water can be measured in terms of gallon, litre,cubic feet,cubic metre per second/minute/hr.
Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com
9451504200/9424633501

anil1956

water quality and quantity

Dear Mr Velu,
1.5 inch of discharge means 1500 GPH discharge. Now one can not tell you whether this is sufficient for 3 acres land. It depends on crop you grow,soil type ie., texture and structure,soil profile, ground water table, temperature, season, wind velocity, water quality and its method of application.

It is also important to know whether this discharge is uniform or it stops or gets reduced after running for some time. In which case air may get pumped out. summer and rainy seasons discharges are different.This is specially so because your bore well depth is 740 ft meaning ground water acquifer is not good(probably).At deeper depths it is also essential to know the salinity and pH content of water.If water has high sodium you will be spoiling the land after irrigation starts.

I hope you have been troubled more than understanding the issue due to too many technical factors, bu a study to this level is must. Otherwise you can ignore everything and simply use the water as it comes.

anil patil
anil1956@hotmail.com

I have put a Bore in Palakkodu Town of Dharmapuri Dist. The Depth is 740 Feet and the water level achieved is 1.5 inch.

I do not know what is this 1.5 inch and how much water will i get. I have 3 Acre land. Is the water Achieved suffiecient and if not what type of bore pump should i use, What items should be fit in the borewell. Please send me the details.

Please suggest at the earliest