Beekeeping and Honey Processing Unit. Does anyone have a sample proposal for such a unit ?

Register
Hi,

I am promoting natural wild honey as a hobby and because of the demand, I am contemplating of setting up my own apiary along with a minimal capacity processing unit (50 - 100Kg capacity). Does anyone have a sample proposal for such a unit, inclusive of list of trusted suppliers of beekeeping and honey processing equipment in and around the eastern region of the country?

Looking forward to hearing from like-minded people.

Regards,

Rudeen.
rudeen.kharlukhi@gmail.com

pranayak1974

good to hear that you have hobby in Bee Keeping. I had done small time bee keeping at home and attended Honey processing plant in university campus in Bangalore. You can also meet. But setting up your is very costly affair as until unless you have good quantity to process it. Let me know how much quantity you have to process per day.

@pranayak1974 yes I am aware of the apiculture related courses available at the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and hopefully one day I'll be able to pay them a visit. I am of the assumption that the costing of the project will be directly related to the size of the operation. I've heard of processing units of minimum capacities 50kg/day, etc keeping in mind that I'd like to start off small first (Here we have the Apis cerana indica bee specie whose production capacity I understand is much lesser). Anyway, I will do more research on this matter.

@dhanamvmg thank you so much for sharing this info with me.. it's very helpful.. and very inspiring. I will surely learn more about Honey Kart and will try to get in touch with Mr. Krishnamurty. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.