Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Bee Farming- First time

Register

Click Here!

sandsdew

Hello Members,
I belong to a non-agri job and planning to start bee farming bussiness new Dehradun. Please guide me with the traning that I need and other specifications related to equipements and honey bussiness. Thanks in advance.
-Sandsdew

agricose

Thank you for your query I will revert your all the queries related to the beekeeping.

INTRODUCTION :-

Honey is a consumable product and it is also used extensively in making Ayurvedic medicines. Natural honey is always in demand round the year. Natural honey is obtained from honey bees and hence bee-keeping is a profitable activity. But it has to be undertaken at a place where there is a very limited movement of people or vehicles. This activity has potential to provide regular income especially in rural areas. Therefore, the government is also encouraging this activity and Khadi and Village Industries Board extends many incentives as well as marketing support.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"

Last edited by a moderator:

agricose

Three species of honey bees exist in India viz. Apis Dorsta, Apis Flora and Apis Indica. These species are reared for honey-combs. Pure or natural honey is extracted from bees. This honey is in great demand round the year especially for Ayurvedic medicinal purposes. Many health conscious people consume it regularly. It is also used in making certain health food preparations.

Last edited by a moderator: