Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Bamboo plantation near Kurnool,Andhra pradesh

Register

Click Here!

swamymk

Hi All,
I would like to start Bamboo plantation in my 14 acres of agricultural land.
I do not have yet bore for water but planning to do first rain water harvesting and then drill bore.Please provide any helpful information/project report.
Regards,
swamy

Last edited by a moderator:

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hi swamymk,

Bamboo cultivation is very profitable and you can make anywhere between Rs.50,000 to 2,00,000/- per acre. The harvest will come only after 4 years and it will go on for 100-150 years and hence you should be ready for waiting until 4 years.

The types of bamboos are:-
1.Malocanna Baccifera
2.Bambusa Nutans
3.B.Bamboo
4.B.Tulda
5.B.Vulgaris
6.B.Balcooa

Please go only for non-thorny bamboos and maintenance will be difficult in thorny bamboos.

Regards

selvam336

Selvam,Sivagagai, TN

Dear Sir,

I have farm at sivagangai. Please let me know where I can get the seedlings for plantation near to sivagangai.

i.e Good Nursery to buy. Please let me know the contact numbers.

selvam

bchandar

Looking for Bamboo suppliers

Dear All,

I am looking for some Bamboo supplier contacts in Tamil Nadu/Kerala. Please help me if you know contact.

Thanking you,

chenna1

Dear Mr. Swamy,
Bamboo is a moisture loving species. Go in only if you can irrigate especially in a dry district like Kurnool where you are.
Further please keep in mind that unlike bamboo grown naturally in the forests, bamboo grown in the forests is not fit for making bamboo articles like baskets, mats, decorative items etc., which normally the Medara community and other artisans undertake. Bamboo fetches good rate in the market only for making these items. Plantation grown bamboo ofcourse is useful for pulping in the paper mills. But that does not fetch you good returns.
Regards,
C. Siva Sankara Reddy

aaryareddy

Hi,
I am looking for Bamboo straws.and let me know which type of bamboo trees will fit for my requirement. the hole diameter should be more.where can i get correct saplings from andhra or telangana. can any one help me out.?

Thanks,
aaryareddy@gmail.com
+91 9949559117