Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Awaiting response..

Register

Click Here!

urbnfrmr

Dear Moderator

Pls refer to my question below, which I had posted some time back. It will be helpful if you can provide answers to my queries.

Thanks.

I have about 15 poplar trees that are approximately 7 years old. This will be the first time that I would be selling these trees. Can anybody tell me an easy way/formula to calculate the best price I could get for the trees. Please let me know the prevailing rate of poplar in the market. My farm is located in Shamli (approx 100 kms from Delhi). It will be great if someone can connect me to poplar dealers.

kirti s

hello sir
n market, the poplar wood is sold on weight basis. The average wood biomass per tree after six years is about 0.25 to 0.35 MT and presently the prices vary from Rs. 2500 to Rs. 5500 per MT though the highest has gone upto Rs. 7000/MT. Assuming an average price @ Rs.3500/- per MT (under bark volume), the farmer can get Rs. 393750/- over a period of six years. Income from inter-crops will be additional which will vary depending upon the crop cultivated. The returns will depend upon site quality, inputs, intensity of management, actual yield and ruling market prices at the time of harvest.