Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Assistance required for Dry Land Farming

Register

Click Here!

mathivanan

Hi All,

I have 1.5 acres of land in madurai. But without any water resource apart from natural rain. I am planning to start a farm. Not as an identity farmer but to lead a living out of it. Any ideas from scratch is welcome. i would appreciate if there is someone wo can give me a tailor made session to fit my needs.
contact me at mady99in@gmail.com
M 9710039360

kirti s

Hello Sir

U can start now in the rainy season itself. First u try to make pits of lined with plastic.atleast 15mts dept to store rain water atleast 15-20 pits after a gap of atleast 20mts so that u can save rain water in them.
U can grow perennial crops all round ur farm such as jackfruit, bradfruit,cashew, coconut, arecanut.

mathivanan

Hello Kirti,

Thanks for above info. Can i dig borewells?. If so can i have some pits surrounding the bore, so that i doesnt get dried.How much it will cost to do it ? and how much land we need to sacrifice for it?

Mathi...

syed_i40

Hi Mathivanan, why dont u try pomogranate cultivation. it requires very less water and it is a very profitable crop. please do some research if it is suitable on your land from any of the agriculture departments of your area.

maha_67

Hi mathivanan,
good idea to go for agriculture.u may chech the underground water table through experts to fix borewell location.as well as rain water collection pit is another good idea in addition to bore well,for which unerstand the slope of ur land surface to collcet water in to the pit.papia and drumsticks are immediate cash crops subsequently u can plan ur forming.
best wishes.
P.Rajagopal

arunteja

Hi sir! i have 5 acres dry land (chowdu boomi) in ananthapur dist, andhrapradesh, and dig a borewell of 250 fts and get a water of 3 inchs , to cultivate the land is it dry land (chowdu boomi) is possible/sutable for agriculture? if its possible how can i do it? and which crops is best to cultivate? pls help me, iam very eager in agriculture thanks

agryguru

Dear Friend,

No land is waste land in this world, only lazy people who make such insane verdict. If you are having dry land and less water then you can go for Ramphal, Sitafal, Cotton Seeds, Soyabean, Anar, Bee Farming,etc. Take regular advice from KVK and start your farming.

Agryguru