Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

areca leaf plates

Register

Click Here!

sugan

dear sir,
i would like to know which type of leaf is used to make areca leaf plates. naturally shaded areca leafs or the leafs plugged from tree ? need to know the places where areca leafs are available abundantly in tamilnadu and near by coimbatore.

sugan

dear sir,
i would like to know which type of leaf is used to make areca leaf plates. naturally shaded areca leafs or the leafs plugged from tree ? need to know the places where areca leafs are available abundantly in tamilnadu and near by coimbatore.
Digg this Post!Bookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:

raashi

Dear Sir,
Do you have forms for making the plates.
Can I know as to how these forms work.
Please let me have a line of information on the subject.
I would appreciate that
Thanks.
Rafiq.

vkv_2

dear sir,
Sugan,

Arece leaf (paku mattai). It is made from pressing the under leaf bark of the areca nut palm. The leaves that have ripened and fall from the tree is usually used.
You can find this in Thondamuthur and Mettupalyam areas of Coimbatore.

vrijmohan

These are made from ripe areca fronds which falls from the tree. I can try to arrange samples. What are the sizes you want.

sugan

Dear sir,
thank you for your reply.could i know in tamilnadu where else areca leafs are got in abundance.and in kerala where could be the leaves got abundantly.heard that getting areca leaves are difficult and demand is high .is that true?is it ok to enter in to this business now?what are the risks to be faced in areca plate manufacturing business.kindly give some guidelines.