Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Area required for goat farming

Register

Click Here!

kishorejee

dear Sir,

I would like to know how much area required for goat farming?. plz provide me the information as of AREA REQUIRED/NUMBER OF GOATS. So that i can manipulate.Also provide me what are the sections needed for goat farming and how the area has to be divided according to the sections required. plz provide me some contact numbers of goat farm near chennai and thiruvallur.....

Another important question is there anything like that only farmers can do goat farming or a person like me who looks for a good earning thro business that satisfy both my need and also to make a greeny environment.............

Last edited:

Ashwini

Hi

Please Visit the nearby farms, for practical experience and also also the animal husbandry department will give you complete details

Regards
Ashwini

asadrazvi2000

Area for Goat farming

Dear Sir,
Area required for Goat farm depends upon vision and how rapidly you want your business.
Regarding Shed & Goats

The area for the shed can be as follows (i.e. - 3600 Sq ft inside the Shed for protecting against Robbers in Night, bad weather+ 7200 Sq ft outside, this you can use for feeding the Goats in hay racks, water and relaxing)
Inside shed- 12 Sqft / Goat
Outside space- 24 Sqft / Goat

The information is for 300 goats but you can start initially with 100 Goats as per your Budget and expand your live stock as money and time permits you. I am telling you since it is very hard to expand the shed in future

Costs of the shed + yours and labour accommodation will approximately maximum125- 140 Rupees/ Sq ft but you can reduce the cost as per the site condition and availability of labour and material on time from near by location.

You can grow the fodder like Maize, Jawar, Hybrid Napier RBN13, Lucerne, Stylo Scabra, Subabul and Bajra for your Goats if you are sending the animals for Grazing also.
Initially you can make the 5 compartments and keep goats only in 2. Separate the pregnant goats and keep them away from breeding bucks in order to avoid accidental mating which may lead to abortion..

You may separate lambs from their mother at the age of 3 month. Prior to that ,you may separate these lambs / kids (in a compartment of 0-3 months old male & female kids/lambs) from third day onwards. Daily you may put these lambs along with their mothers 2-3 hours in morning & evening for feeding milk. From 3rd month ,you may divide these animals in separate compartments for male & female lambs or kids to avoid chances of accidental mating as well as to fed required amount of concentrates & fodder (green & dry) to that particular age group of male & female animals. From six months onwards you may to sell male lambs or kids in market & put female animals as a stock.

For 150 Goats you need 1 Skilled labour + 1 Helper (Salary- 4500 for skilled + 3000 for helper)

You can take training at Nari Seeds. Boer Goats in India : Genetically superior Boer Goats and Damascus Goats.

if you have doubts please contact me

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

i7seenu

Dear Sir,
Area required for Goat farm depends upon vision and how rapidly you want your business.
Regarding Shed & Goats

The area for the shed can be as follows (i.e. - 3600 Sq ft inside the Shed for protecting against Robbers in Night, bad weather+ 7200 Sq ft outside, this you can use for feeding the Goats in hay racks, water and relaxing)
Inside shed- 12 Sqft / Goat
Outside space- 24 Sqft / Goat

The information is for 300 goats but you can start initially with 100 Goats as per your Budget and expand your live stock as money and time permits you. I am telling you since it is very hard to expand the shed in future

Costs of the shed + yours and labour accommodation will approximately maximum125- 140 Rupees/ Sq ft but you can reduce the cost as per the site condition and availability of labour and material on time from near by location.

You can grow the fodder like Maize, Jawar, Hybrid Napier RBN13, Lucerne, Stylo Scabra, Subabul and Bajra for your Goats if you are sending the animals for Grazing also.
Initially you can make the 5 compartments and keep goats only in 2. Separate the pregnant goats and keep them away from breeding bucks in order to avoid accidental mating which may lead to abortion..

You may separate lambs from their mother at the age of 3 month. Prior to that ,you may separate these lambs / kids (in a compartment of 0-3 months old male & female kids/lambs) from third day onwards. Daily you may put these lambs along with their mothers 2-3 hours in morning & evening for feeding milk. From 3rd month ,you may divide these animals in separate compartments for male & female lambs or kids to avoid chances of accidental mating as well as to fed required amount of concentrates & fodder (green & dry) to that particular age group of male & female animals. From six months onwards you may to sell male lambs or kids in market & put female animals as a stock.

For 150 Goats you need 1 Skilled labour + 1 Helper (Salary- 4500 for skilled + 3000 for helper)

You can take training at Nari Seeds. Boer Goats in India : Genetically superior Boer Goats and Damascus Goats.

if you have doubts please contact me
thanks for giving me the basic ideas and once again hats off your broad mind to teach others. this is the real attitude of farmer. i appriciate you sir.
srinivasan v