Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Aquaponics Design and Technology Training Workshop in India (Fourth Batch)

Register

Click Here!

Aquaponics is the combination of fish and plant production using aquaculture and hydroponics systems. It is moving from the realm of experimental to commercial. Learn more about this production system and if it might be right for your backyard garden or farming operation.

The topics are as follows:
Introducing Aquaponics
Biology – pond dynamics, types of fish, types of plants, fish culture techniques, plant nutrients
Physics – technology, design of fish pond, grow beds, cost-effective construction, siphon operations
Chemistry – water chemistry, nitrification cycle – ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, dissolved oxygen, pH, and temperature
Mathematics – important ratios, economics, cost/benefit analysis
And many other topics

Venue: Milk Cooperative Society Hall, Nanniode

Medium of instruction: English. (Other language options are Malayalam, Tamil, and Hindi; please ask for different dates)

Methodology: (i) Classroom session, power-point presentation
(ii) Demo farm tour/Demonstrations
(iii) Discussions, Q&A

Workshop fees: Rs. 1000 (Includes workshop, coursebook - A Guide to the Future of Farming written by VK Narayanan, lunch and tea). Ask for a referral discount of Rs. 350/- per person.

Please confirm your participation by e-mail / call by 20th of December.

Get educated. Go Aquaponic. Please let me know if I can help!

With best wishes,

Vijayakumar Narayanan
Aquaponics Futurist at NARDC
Nanniode, Palakkad, Kerala
Mobile : +91 81292 19282
Facebook : http://facebook.com/aquaponicsfuturist

Note: In case you want to come one day earlier, or leave a day later, you may please book your room at Palakkad town well in advance.

Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)