Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Any non-agriculturist in this forum who has purchased agriculture land in Karnataka recently?

Register

Click Here!

abhiagri2

Hi,

Do we have any non-agriculturist in this forum who has purchased agriculture land in Karnataka recently?
I am a non-agriculturist and willing to purchase a small land to start small scale agriculture, hence looking for suitable guidance.
Kindly respond to this thread or PM me, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

Dear sir, Even non-Agriculturist can purchase land in Karnataka State , if the extent is smaller ie., 2.50 acres above one can take up polyhouse cultivation of flowers and vegetables. Necessary technical guidance will be provided by the Agricultural and Horticultural Departments and also from consultants like us.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

abhiagri2

Dear sir, Even non-Agriculturist can purchase land in Karnataka State , if the extent is smaller ie., 2.50 acres above one can take up polyhouse cultivation of flowers and vegetables. Necessary technical guidance will be provided by the Agricultural and Horticultural Departments and also from consultants like us.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Dear sir,

Thank you for your response.
Since I am relatively new to all this, I am looking for guidance on the overall purchase process and what steps to take after purchase like fencing, part leasing and part self cultivation options etc. Kindly inbox me with leads if any.

roykalam

Hi,

Do we have any non-agriculturist in this forum who has purchased agriculture land in Karnataka recently?
I am a non-agriculturist and willing to purchase a small land to start small scale agriculture, hence looking for suitable guidance.
Any one can purchase dry land or plantation land in Karnataka . not wet land or" thari" only farmers could buy wet lands

abhiagri2

Any one can purchase dry land or plantation land in Karnataka . not wet land or" thari" only farmers could buy wet lands
Dea sir,

Thank you for your response. To be clear, I am hoping to speak to somebody who has really done this kind of purchase (non-agri person bought agri land) to draw some reference. Currently, this is the first and probably biggest hurdle for my aspirations to start farming. I have been saving from last 5 years for this and want to make sure my hard work isn't wasted in buying something I can't keep :(

Hope you understand my situation and can probably help, thanks so much again.

jusd8cb7

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Sir non agricultural like me can I buy farmhouse in Karnataka?

dheerajka

Hi,

Hi,

Once i was in same situation as you are and i did enough research and came to final conclusion that i can't purchase land in Karnataka. If you want to buy farming land here then a person should have document named as Pahani. One can only have Pahani if his/her Parents, Grandparents, ancestors had farming land in Karnataka whether it was small or big. I would suggest you not to believe on anyone in this. It's better to purchase farming land in your hometown or near to it.

Thank you!

abhiagri2

Hi,

Once i was in same situation as you are and i did enough research and came to final conclusion that i can't purchase land in Karnataka. If you want to buy farming land here then a person should have document named as Pahani. One can only have Pahani if his/her Parents, Grandparents, ancestors had farming land in Karnataka whether it was small or big. I would suggest you not to believe on anyone in this. It's better to purchase farming land in your hometown or near to it.

Thank you!
Dear sir,

Thanks so much for responding. Sorry to hear about your effort in this regard :(
But did you also get a legal opinion? From my research, in 2015 there was an amendment made to the Karnataka Land Reforms Act of 1961, stating non-agriculturists can also purchase agriculture land in Karnataka as long as their family income from non-agri sources is less than 25L and with an explicit approval from the Deputy DC of the place. I haven't consulted a lawyer for this yet but was able to get some legal opinion online, you may refer to below thread for the responses I got. Hope this helps.

I am hopeful I can still legally buy a farmland but I need to find someone who has done it and what hurdles they faced, especially regarding the DC approval.

dheerajka

Good Afternoon Sir,

Apology for the delay in reply!

I agree that you need to take permission from DC. I joined one whatsapp group few days back and in that, there were few agents and many farmers. I would say, all agents are genuine in that group. They clearly told me that what brokers/agents will do is find any farmer whose name which be same as of mine and on basis of his Pahani, they will make the land registered in my name however there are several risks involved in that. What if someone come to know about this then they will file a complaint against me. Once this will be done, fraud case will be made in my name. In addition to that, neither i will left with land nor i will receive back my money. There was one guy in that group who told his story. He lost 5 lakhs few years ago like this as he was not aware about all these things. I don't want to demotivate you but it's a total risk situation so better not to go for that.

Thank you!

abhiagri2

Good Afternoon Sir,

Apology for the delay in reply!

I agree that you need to take permission from DC. I joined one whatsapp group few days back and in that, there were few agents and many farmers. I would say, all agents are genuine in that group. They clearly told me that what brokers/agents will do is find any farmer whose name which be same as of mine and on basis of his Pahani, they will make the land registered in my name however there are several risks involved in that. What if someone come to know about this then they will file a complaint against me. Once this will be done, fraud case will be made in my name. In addition to that, neither i will left with land nor i will receive back my money. There was one guy in that group who told his story. He lost 5 lakhs few years ago like this as he was not aware about all these things. I don't want to demotivate you but it's a total risk situation so better not to go for that.

Thank you!
Dear Dheeraj sir,

First of all, please you dont have to apologize. I truly appreciate you taking the time and effort to help a wannabe agriculturist with your personal experience. I totally agree with you on the various legal loop holes employed by these agents just to make a deal and pocket their commissions, buyers are the ones left high and dry :( :(

But one thing I cant come to understand still, why do we need to take these shortcuts when law does not forbid a non-agriculturist to buy agriculture land? Is this because the DC himself wont approve such transactions, even if he can? Or the officials involved are not aware of the laws?

Also sir, can you please share the whatsapp group details to me via personal message? This will help me get in touch with some agents and discuss, thanks again.

mkpvbf1a

Dea sir,

Thank you for your response. To be clear, I am hoping to speak to somebody who has really done this kind of purchase (non-agri person bought agri land) to draw some reference. Currently, this is the first and probably biggest hurdle for my aspirations to start farming. I have been saving from last 5 years for this and want to make sure my hard work isn't wasted in buying something I can't keep :(

Hope you understand my situation and can probably help, thanks so much again.
ALL THE VERY BEST.. i am also one like you .. :)

garao56

Dear sirs,.

There were several incidents of registering same land to several persons in and arond Bangalore in Karnataka State 3 decades back. Now there may not any genuine trasaction unless the title of land is clear, hence be careful.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

abhiagri2

Dear sirs,.

There were several incidents of registering same land to several persons in and arond Bangalore in Karnataka State 3 decades back. Now there may not any genuine trasaction unless the title of land is clear, hence be careful.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Yes sir, that's true.
Hopefully things have got better after they have digitized land records.
Also lots depends on if people follow all necessary due diligence and avoid shortcuts in a hurry to purchase.

munarali

Any further updates on this topic? I am also looking for agri land and I am a non agriculturist