Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Aloevera farming

Register

Click Here!

pravin82

Please inform me is it possible to cultivate aloevera farming in dray climate and very low water availability.

Last edited by a moderator:

kirti s

Hello Sir

yes of course it is possible because aloevera needs such type climate only.
Because of stiff, rugged and harsh habit they are grown in desert and dry situations. Grows well in hot and dry climate.

Soil:It grows well on variety of soils, light, muram, loam, black, hill slopes, sea coasts, desert areas etc.

Tillage:One shallow ploughing followed by harrowing to bring the soils to fine tilth. Mix 5-20 cart loads of FYM in soil. This will facilitate better moisture holding capacity improve soil texture and structure.

Propagation: Through suckers.

Spacing:60 x 45 sq. cm (between rows and between plants) in flat beds or by opening ridges 60 cm apart.

Planting:Onset of monsoon is the best time for planting of Aloe. The crop can be planted through out the year under irrigated conditions. The planting with 60 x 45 sq.crn will require 14800 - 15000 suckers / acre.

Interculturing:The crop should be kept weed free. Suckers planted in flat beds should be supported at the bottom with adjoining soil.

Fertilizer:Lighter, soils should be fertilized with compound fertilizer @ 50 kg N + 25 Kg P + 25 kg K per hectare in order to facilitate good growth of the crop.

Irrigation:During rainy season there is no heed to irrigate the crop, however, during summer crop should be irrigated with an interval of 15 days.

Diseases:Appearance of black brown spot can be well controlled by any sulphur containing insecticides.

Harvesting:The leaves can be harvested after 10-12 months of planting. Cut the leaves with sharp sickle close to the sem. Keep the cut leaves for some time till the viscous gel from the cut end dries up. Then collect the leaves for packing.

Yield:One year old plant will produce approximately 3-4 kg leaves. It means 40-45 tons of leaves can be harvested from 1 acre planting.

pravin82

please let me know is there any processing company with whom i can make any agreement regarding selling of my ole vera produce at Nashik/Sinner, Maharashtra.

pravin82

Please also let me know the price of ole vera for per kg or per ton. How much i will have to invest initially for per acre?

Last edited: