Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question AGRICULTURE IN EASTERN UTTARPRADESH

Register

Click Here!

him0489

HELLO,
I belong to Jaunpur Distt. in Uttarpradesh. I Dy. Branch Manager in Union Bank Of India. I have 10 bigha land in Machhalishar, Juanpur. I want to do Jaitun Cultivation in my land. Please guide me is it a good option and if not then what could be the best option for me.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:

garao56

Dear sir,

Since Biblical days the importance of Olive orchards is known to mankind. Olive is being grown in European countries and Arab counties. Olive farmers are known to be richest among the farming community. Due abundant sunshine and dry weather favourable to olive (Jaitun) cultivation Rajasthan state is in the fore front of cultivation. In the eastern part of the UP may be bordering Bihar state we have to think of growing olive due to severe cold conditions from November to March every year. Please take plantation in small area of 0.5 to 1.00 acre experimentally and expand afterwards.

In Bihar nearer to foot hills of Himalayas Licchi fruits are abundantly grown . Please also study the possibilities. Apple can be introduced. Apples are being grown in Telangana state (Karimnagar Dt) and Andhrapradesh ( Araku Valley).

Please inform what are the other type of fruit crops grown in your area, to have an idea of the land scape.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

him0489

Dear sir,

Since Biblical days the importance of Olive orchards is known to mankind. Olive is being grown in European countries and Arab counties. Olive farmers are known to be richest among the farming community. Due abundant sunshine and dry weather favourable to olive (Jaitun) cultivation Rajasthan state is in the fore front of cultivation. In the eastern part of the UP may be bordering Bihar state we have to think of growing olive due to severe cold conditions from November to March every year. Please take plantation in small area of 0.5 to 1.00 acre experimentally and expand afterwards.

In Bihar nearer to foot hills of Himalayas Licchi fruits are abundantly grown . Please also study the possibilities. Apple can be introduced. Apples are being grown in Telangana state (Karimnagar Dt) and Andhrapradesh ( Araku Valley).

Please inform what are the other type of fruit crops grown in your area, to have an idea of the land scape.

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
thnk you so much this is really a good advice..i will more info regarding the same

garao56

OK, sir please keep informed of the new proposals to be taken up on your farm

G.Anandarao

pioneeragri

Olive is not appropriate in your agro-ecological conditions. You can grow Amla, Guava, Lemon, Litchi among fruits. Papaya is also good option if you have sandy soil. Medicinal herbs are also in good demand today. If you like to earn recurrring income along with long term fruits or agro- forestry crops you can grow medicinal herbs as intercrops in between wide spaced crops.

For more details or comprehensive agri consultancy services from planning to market you can connect with me via private message.

Best regards

garao56

Dear sir, any fruit to established in 5 acre and above is eligible for 40% subsidy under National Horticultural Board under commercial horiculture development scheme ( including land development, Minor irrigation, drip system, implements ,pack house etc) .Please approach us for project report .

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)

him0489

Olive is not appropriate in your agro-ecological conditions. You can grow Amla, Guava, Lemon, Litchi among fruits. Papaya is also good option if you have sandy soil. Medicinal herbs are also in good demand today. If you like to earn recurrring income along with long term fruits or agro- forestry crops you can grow medicinal herbs as intercrops in between wide spaced crops.

For more details or comprehensive agri consultancy services from planning to market you can connect with me via private message.

Best regards
sir, you mentioned medicinal herbs plant...can you suggest some names as well...please..
Regards

pioneeragri

sir, you mentioned medicinal herbs plant...can you suggest some names as well...please..
Regards
Hi

There is long list of medicinal herbs that you can grow. However, you should choose herbs or any crops according to your soil, water and other agro-climatic conditions and various other production governing factors like crop security, insect, pest, disease and weed profile of the particular region, technical infrastructure etc. and finally the marketing.

Among wide range of medicinal and aromatic plants, few routine crops in mentioned region are Tulsi, Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Sarpagandha, Akarkara, Kalmegh, Lemongrass, Palmarosa, Vetiver etc. There are many more but above mentioned crops are popularly grown in northern plains.

For more detailed study or discussion, you may please send me private message or share your contact details so I could connect with you.

With best regards

abhimanyubaba

Best regards
Can you please provide your contact number for further discussions and how we can help farmers on collective approach.

garao56

Agricultural information to clarify how long this type of chating to be continued without any result ie., of either getting ant payment for consultation or the memebers are not deciding to do any concrete activity what is the use.

Dear sir,

G.Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Hello Sir, if you are looking for hassle and maintenance free products, then contact me and I can give you professional guidance.