Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Agriculture as Profession

Register

Click Here!

terea

Hello All,
Im a new member to this forum. I joined the forum as I need help. But first a little about myself.

Im currently working in a PVT. LTD co. as a Senior executive, I have 7 yrs of experience, recently I passed my MBA.

The thing is I want to get into agriculture as a profession, seriously after working all these years in front of a computer im not at all happy. Im a person who likes to work hard and in the field.

And I have decided to make agriculture my profession, so that I do what I love and love what I do.

Now, I request the distinguished members of this forum to help me find my true yearning.

The questions I have are(sorry, If some of my questions are dumb, im a complete novice in this field. So, please pardon my ignorance.):

1) Would a Bank provide loan for purchasing Land( I already have a Home loan to pay)?
2) Is any formal training available in farming?
3) Which Banks provide loan for purchasing land and the required capital for starting a farm?
4) For a novice like me what would be the right farm activity to start with(eg: goat farming, dairy farming, vegetable farming etc.)

For now these are my queries.
Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.

Ashwini

HI

You can consult the banks stating that u already have a home loan. Training or knowledge about whaty you r interested in agriculture is a must. LAlbagh provides short term trainings which you can enrol. WHat you want to satrt depends on how much land you have n capital investment. Whatever you start, go in for a small plot initially n then expand

REgards
Ashwini

krb2010

HI

You can consult the banks stating that u already have a home loan. Training or knowledge about whaty you r interested in agriculture is a must. LAlbagh provides short term trainings which you can enrol. WHat you want to satrt depends on how much land you have n capital investment. Whatever you start, go in for a small plot initially n then expand

REgards
Ashwini
Dear Ashwini,

where is this Lalbagh, pl give me details of the same....

krb

archidambaram

Hello All,
Im a new member to this forum. I joined the forum as I need help. But first a little about myself.

Im currently working in a PVT. LTD co. as a Senior executive, I have 7 yrs of experience, recently I passed my MBA.

The thing is I want to get into agriculture as a profession, seriously after working all these years in front of a computer im not at all happy. Im a person who likes to work hard and in the field.

And I have decided to make agriculture my profession, so that I do what I love and love what I do.

Now, I request the distinguished members of this forum to help me find my true yearning.

The questions I have are(sorry, If some of my questions are dumb, im a complete novice in this field. So, please pardon my ignorance.):

1) Would a Bank provide loan for purchasing Land( I already have a Home loan to pay)?
2) Is any formal training available in farming?
3) Which Banks provide loan for purchasing land and the required capital for starting a farm?
4) For a novice like me what would be the right farm activity to start with(eg: goat farming, dairy farming, vegetable farming etc.)

For now these are my queries.
Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.
Dear terea,

Forget about geting a loan from bank to buy a land. You must purchase agri land with your own resources.

What you want to grow, depends on the type of land, availability of labour and of course water, distance to a town/city etc.

If you buy near a town you may go for vegetable; that gives you regular income. If labourers are difficult to get, go for trees - fruit trees or timber. With fruit trees you will got annual income after a dormat period. With timber trees, you have wait 5-15 yeard to get income.

Best wishes.